94 replies to this topic

#21 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

There can never be enough pictures !! They look beautiful and happy !! Love the pics :P
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#22 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Nice pictures, thanks for the update. And I don't think you can ever post too many pictures!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#23 Jody

Jody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

Awwww.... I'm glad to see they got a good home, they are such nice looking dogs.

#24 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

OMG!!! I never saw Buddy AKA Lefty smile so big. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. These pictures actually brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#25 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

Melissa, I know Buddy stole a piece of your heart ;) how could he not he is so lovey? I promise I will keep putting up pictures and we will come visit. We plan to come on Sept. 15th for the reunion, I will let you know for sure when the date gets closer. I work at Red Lobster and weekends are our busy time so it will depend if I get the day off. Keep your fingers crossed. :P

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#26 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

I love your pictures and completely understand how you couldn't leave without both. I knew after the first week with Magnum that I wanted another - they are just so irresistible!
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#27 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

fingers are crossed :P
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

#28 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

Here are some new pictures where the kids are acting like best friends. In some of my other posts you'll see this isn't always the case, but look at this picture. If I can get them to behave like they are here it will all be worth it.

Attached Files

SCD's Stone Soup

#29 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

How lovely! Those are great pics. They look so happy.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#30 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

Aaww they are so cute!!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#31 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Every relationship takes time....and I've always heard that there is a fine line between love and hate, lol. Seriously though - They look great!

#32 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Love those pics. What is it with dobies and blankets? They are very beautiful looking dobes - I try to watch all the babies on the adoptable list and get so happy when they find good homes!
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#33 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

Two peas in a pod :thumbsup: how cute are they........

#34 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

Remember, you took two big bites (no pun intended) by the names of Allie & Buddy. Everyone is adjusting to a new life, a happy life, but new. With your commitment and support from all the dobe lovers here, things will work out. Sometimes I've wondered what the heck I've done adding just one dobe to the household :thumbsup: I also have to remind myself that Klaus is not my beloved Ruby...not as much now though :rolleyes:

#35 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

I thought I would give a little update on how much these two are learning. Buddy was a little wilder than Alley so he is a little behind, but he has almost mastered "sit" and he now realizes when we say Buddy we mean him. Trust me this is a lot more improvement than it sounds like! :) He is catching on faster every day. We are working on getting him to make eye contact, or at least to look at us, he has a habit of lowering his head, which is just so sad. You say "good boy" and reach to pet him and he lowers his head. He just needs to keep building up some confidence. He is basically housebroken too, and he had NO idea about that to start with. Of course, they are crated when we aren't here, but he hasn't had an accident in almost 2 weeks!! We have been hand feeding him the last few days because he is SUCH a pig with his food. He gets so excited about it he sticks his head into the bowl and throws it all over. We have been making him sit calmly while we hand feed him dinner. When he gets excited the food goes away until he calms down. He is starting to get the idea to take his food nicely. The first few handfuls he still gulps, but then he slows down and eats at a regular pace. Also, he didn't know how to lick your fingers nicely, something I found out when slipping a peanut butter coated pill in his mouth. Now, he gently licks the peanut butter off my fingers. He is really coming along. Alley was basically housebroken when we brought her home. The only accident she had she went into our dining room and left a nice pile. That was the 2nd or 3rd day here, and that was the only time. We have been very consistent about giving them opportunities outside, and Alley will sometimes go as soon as you say "go to the bathroom". She knows sit and lay down very well. If you have a treat she also knows shake every time, lol!! Without the treat it is still not consistent. I have been working on stay with her and then releasing her. She is doing so good with that. Now we are working on getting her to stay even if we leave the room. That one she has not mastered. The minute I turn the corner she jumps up. Still, she is so smart and definitely very easy to train, so far. I wanted to let everyone know even though we have had some serious problems, these kids are doing great on so many things.

SCD's Stone Soup

#36 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

They are very smart and I am sure that with the trainer Arda told you about you should have peace amongst them too! It's amazing on how fast they learn! Best of luck to you and we hope to see you all in a few weeks!
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#37 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

To slow Buddy down at mealtime so he can actually taste his food, try putting a large rock in the bowl with his food. He'll have to slow down some to eat around it :)
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#38 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

Here are a couple more pictures of my babies. Buddy is still under restriction, but Alley is determined to lay by him. Poor guy can't get away, lol.

Attached File  Alley_n_Buddy_napping.JPG   220.23KB   3 downloads

Alley and Buddy Napping

Attached File  Alley_on_her_back_1.JPG   208.56KB   4 downloads

SCD's Stone Soup

#39 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:25 AM

Aaww they are too cute!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#40 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

You are doing just wonderfully with these dogs; I am so impressed that giving one or the other up just was not an option and just look at what you've done in a short period of time. Great job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users