110 replies to this topic

#1 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

Well; the Bumps were down. The remaining poop was scooped. This morning the Dumpster guy came by and it was all carted away. All 2 tons of it. And then like a bad nightmare.....The Bumps were off and running on the 4 hour trip home ......WITH Naomie and Dude. Naomie is going to try to fill the shoes of Isabell. It's a big job but, somebody has to do it. And I want everyone to know that she is even getting hair on those bare little ears. Good job Soloxine. Just a little Thyroid problem and a new dog she will be. Congratulations to the Bumps for another great dog.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#2 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

Woo Hoo!! :wub: I have been anxiously awaiting this announcement! I am so happy for Naomi! She doesn't know it yet, but she just won the doggie lottery. :blink: Congratulations John, Lori, and Dude! What a great way to start the new year! I can't wait for the pictures that I know are coming!

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#3 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

This is so wonderful! :blink: . That didn't take as long as I thought......guess the Dude just couldn't live without a woman since Isabel returned home to Matt. Congratulations Naomi and Bumps! Get us some pics up here STAT!
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#4 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Naomie is one lucky dog. She is going to be a new movie star, we know how much the Bumps dress
them up and take pictures. She will even meet Santa next year. I'm so happy for all of you. Hope Naomie and
Dude get along. I know you will work very hard with them, just like you did with Liz. She's going to learn to
go out in all that deep snow you get at your house. I don't think she has seen snow that deep yet. :blink:

HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

#5 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

What a wonderful New Year's gift. Way to go John and Lori. You two of God's special angels.

Mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#6 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Congratulation's to Naomie, John and Lori and Dude !!! Can't wait for picture's. How nice a lot of " clean up" got done around the swamp, very nice of you to help out.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#7 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

Congratulations to Naomi, Dude, Lori and John!!

#8 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

That's great !
She went to a great family ! :blink:
Congratulations to all.
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#9 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

Congratulation's to Naomie, John and Lori and Dude !!! Can't wait for picture's. How nice a lot of " clean up" got done around the swamp, very nice of you to help out.

Especially with the distance and the cold. This Bud's for you, and what the heck I'll have one to celebrate your good work, and new adoption, too.

Mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#10 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

That is so wonderful!! Naomie will love her
new home & be a little queen Im sure..
Happy New Year to all of you...

P.S. thanks for the help for Arda today too..:blink:

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

Congratulations to the Bumps and to Dude on your new sister! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#12 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Dude has been acting like he needed a sister, once Isabel went home. We decided to venture down to The Swamp, do some poop scooping, make a few repairs for Arda, drop off some stuff, pick up some stuff, and see if any of the 'kids' suited Dude. Dude wasn't much help, so we had to pick for him! :santa: On the way home, we decided that Naomie's name just didn't suit her. We tried a few out on her to see her reaction. She seemed to like 'Darcy'. She answers to it really well! Dude wasn't too thrilled with her once we got home, but I think it was mostly because he was tired and we were about 3 hours late with his dinner. Any of you that knows Dude, knows that he doesn't like to have his dinner hour delayed! He has a very accurate internal clock when it comes to mealtime! :P Darcy is so sweet and gentle. :wub: She seems to like her new home. Since we've been home, she has asked twice to go outside, and both times she went right out and did her business. Probably because her coat is so thin, and we still have about 1 1/2 feet of snow, she didn't want to spend any more time out there than was absolutely necessary. :w00t: We'll post some pictures of her at her new home......stay tuned. :blink:
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#13 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

I like Darcy. Darcy and Dude. Of course she is loving her new home, we have seen how good they have it at your house. :blink:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#14 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

Congratulations Lori and John! I'm sure Dude will love his new sister "Darcy". Happy New Year & Happy New Beginnings!

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

#15 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

Congratulation to Darcy on your new forever home. What a wonderful way to start the new year.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#16 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Darcy is soo sweet. She slept the whole night through, without making so much as a peep. She is a very wonderful girl. Thank you SCD for rescuing her for us! :blink:
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#17 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Darcy is soo sweet. She slept the whole night through, without making so much as a peep. She is a very wonderful girl. Thank you SCD for rescuing her for us! :blink:

Lori, I am so glad for your family. What did Dude think of his new baby sister?

Mary and T

Stanley Coren

#18 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

Dude has been acting like he needed a sister, once Isabel went home. We decided to venture down to The Swamp, do some poop scooping, make a few repairs for Arda, drop off some stuff, pick up some stuff, and see if any of the 'kids' suited Dude. Dude wasn't much help, so we had to pick for him! :LOL: On the way home, we decided that Naomie's name just didn't suit her. We tried a few out on her to see her reaction. She seemed to like 'Darcy'. She answers to it really well! Dude wasn't too thrilled with her once we got home, but I think it was mostly because he was tired and we were about 3 hours late with his dinner. Any of you that knows Dude, knows that he doesn't like to have his dinner hour delayed! He has a very accurate internal clock when it comes to mealtime! :P Darcy is so sweet and gentle. :wub: She seems to like her new home. Since we've been home, she has asked twice to go outside, and both times she went right out and did her business. Probably because her coat is so thin, and we still have about 1 1/2 feet of snow, she didn't want to spend any more time out there than was absolutely necessary. :LOL: We'll post some pictures of her at her new home......stay tuned. :flower:

Congrats on your new baby girl!!! Love the name Darcy, very fitting...Dude and Darcy.
She is one of the little girls I talked to Sarah about, I just new she was extra special AND now she has an extra special loving home!! What a Blessing for you and her!!
I am so happy for you!
Ginny

Mommy to Beautiful Ice Goddess "Ices"
Born March 31 1997
Gotcha Day from her first Mommy Arda December 6 1998
Returned Home To God October 14 2008

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

Genesis 1:30
All the creatures are given breath by God, breath=soul
All souls go to Heaven.

Our babies are all waiting for us, for how could it be called Heaven without animals?

#19 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

Congrats Bump Family!!! No matter the work there will always be the love and that's what's it's all about!!!

Send me pics and I'll do a scrapbook page or two for you!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#20 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Here's a couple pictures of Darcy on the dog bed. She came in the house looked around and we showed her the bed. Of course she promptly went and laid on the floor and fell asleep. After awhile she got up walked over, sniffed the bed, climbed on and made her self to home.
Attached File  Darcy1.jpg   91.73KB   6 downloads Attached File  Darcy2.jpg   89.26KB   5 downloads

This morning this was the view out the front window.
Attached File  Deer2.jpg   340.95KB   0 downloads
There was seven of them going down the driveway and across the front yard. Dude and Darcy were out in their yard and told those deer a thing or two.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users