145 replies to this topic

#41 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

I have NEVER had an issue at the border...I just say, "Oh sh*t, I totally forgot to take that out of my car before I left!" OR...I say, "Oh, and I got a bag of dog food, for $20.00"
THey don't hassle me...more interested in petting Brody and asking questions about him, where he came from, what he's like, and asking about SCD...

Do they sell it at TSC, Stef? IF so, I know I pass one on the way out to Arda's.

#42 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:59 AM

That place in Clinton is, like, 4 minutes away from Arda's. I'll check it out on Saturday! :cry:

#43 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:01 AM

A bunch of the locations listed on the Diamond website are called "Tractor Supply" which I'm not sure are "TSC". I'm hoping someone can answer that one.

There's one in Sandusky too - which was where I was going to go on Monday.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#44 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

Stef, I think it's one and the same. There's one of THOSE, too, on the way out to Arda's. I could always stop in there, as well, to see if they sell it there, too.
Did you still want me to get a bag for you on Saturday when I'm over? It's not a big deal, I've got 2 places I can check out on the way to the swamp now.
:cry:

#45 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:57 AM

Jen,

Don't worry this time. It's out of your way and I'm going down on Monday. I've got two locations in Sandusky - and mom and I will have to do a dog food run. You can only eat so many funnel cakes and watch so many people get sick before the excitement pales.... :P

Thanks again though!! I really appreciate it! :hug: :cry:
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#46 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

Is Tractor Supply and TSC the same store?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES. TSC is Tractor Supply Company.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#47 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

Jen there's a Petco on Eureka Rd right off 1-75. It takes me 6 minutes from my house, and I live 5 minutes from the bridge. It would probaly take you longer to get over the bridge then to get to Petco. Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#48 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

Thanks, Cheryl for getting the food for moi!!! Aislyn now has her "mints" and Brody has his breakfast/lunch and DINNER!! :)

Edited by Jennymay, 20 August 2005 - 08:49 PM.

#49 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

Thanks, Cheryl for getting the food for moi!!! Aislyn now has her "mints" and Brody has his breakfast/lunch and DINNER!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem CC! Anytime! :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#50 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:57 AM

Ok guys, just trying to get prepared. I'm gonna be traveling a bit over the next couple of weeks AND at the same time preparing to bring home what I hope will be our next Dobe babe from SCD very very soon.
I've read all the posts on nutrition and still am not certain what is best. BUT I do know that I would really appreciate some details on "Diamond"???
Arda , if you are using it, I would really like to continue and maybe just add a supplement vitamin if needed. I'm in Jackson and have access to a good amount to stores, so when I come out and hopefully get to visit with ya a bit (helping clean kennels, pull weeds, carry water, etc all the while of course, hee) can you just show me what you give the dogs now and steer me in the right direction? It seems an overall concensus that Diamond is very good and I know it's nice to not mess with their systems too much if good is good, leave it.
Do you all add stuff to your Dobes food? Our friend has raised champion Springers for years and years, best in Show at West Minster, etc, and she adds lightly cooked ground beef to every night feed...does anyone do anything like this with their Dobes? We used to mix canned food with our dry years ago for our other Dobes, but over years past, though they did VERY well like that, I've read more and more about the "crap" in these foods....so I'm just looking to do the best thing. Thanks everybody!!! Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#51 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:26 AM

I just feed Brody Diamond Lamb & Rice, and his coat, his teeth, EVERYTHING is shiny, sparkling, etc, and looking beautiful from it. I don't add any supplements to his food. Just MY thoughts, though.. :D
Arda was the one who told me to get the Diamond Dog Food, and now I won't get anything else.
:)

#52 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Jenny. I don't know if I've ever seen Diamond, but hormones control my memory so we can't go by my eyesight, ha!
I have no doubt it is great, just where to find it most economically by me here in Jackson will be the next question. I'm sure I will come across it a thousand times now that it's been brought up, never fails. And I thought "maybe" I would start our "little" guy (we have a 6 pound sheepoo who thinks he's a Greyhound) on Diamond to adapt his little systen before our new darlin' come along, that way we've got them both running on the same page.
Thanks again, Jen.
Suzi :)
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#53 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

I have Dakota and Myles on Purina ProPlan. Myles is on the large breed puppy and Dakota is on the large Breen weight maintenance. You can only get these at PetCo, Pets Supplies Plus, PetsMart and if you Vet carries it. I haven't found Diamond however we live in Illinois. Arda will tell you more but I think the food she feeds them depends on whats donated and that.
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#54 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Kelly...

#55 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:11 AM

Cocoa was on Diamond Professional but now she gets Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Duck and Potato Allergy Formula. I like the Diamond real well and it is super cheap, about 20 bucks for a 40 pound bag. We suspect Cocoa may have a food allergy so no more Diamond until we try the allergy formula for a while. I have never given her anything extra in her food. She gets raw carrots for treats :)

Edited by CAB, 25 August 2005 - 11:14 AM.

-Arda Barber

#56 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

Suzi,
Here's the website for Diamond Dog food. It has vendors listed on the site for whatever town/city you live or are close to.
Hope this helps!
Eagle pack is also EXCELLENT food....can get pricey, though.

http://www.diamondpetfood.com

#57 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Cheryl, I appreciate that. And I love the "carrot" snacks...ours used to like carrots but Duchess's favorite treat was "peas"...she would hilariosly eat them "one by one". Looking at me the whole while as if to say "awe mom these are the funnest little treats"...goofball she was. ShyAnnie our other baby girl preferred "fruit", her favorite being banana's, for which she would lay her head on your lap and soak your knee's with Dobe druel until you relinguished banana to her mouth. Licked her lips to be sure you "heard" it was all gone, ha!
Gotta love em!!!
Suzi :)

#58 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

Suzi,
Here's the website for Diamond Dog food.  It has vendors listed on the site for whatever town/city you live or are close to.
Hope this helps!
Eagle pack is also EXCELLENT food....can get pricey, though.

http://www.diamondpetfood.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Jen. Looks like there are quite a few places in Jackson that sell it. Hopefully one of these locations is close to Suzi.

-Arda Barber

#59 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

But, of course, it's always nice having a friend who's familiar to be able to pick it up for you!!
Thanks, Cher, for EVERY time you've picked it up for me, and for EVERY time in the future that you may! :)

#60 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:26 AM

Hi guys...yes, found it at TSC and at a local feed store called Howards. Will wait and see which one Arda has the dogs on, or the dog that might "pick us" on and go from there. I know this is off track, BUT, DO YOU GUYS HAVE A FAVORITE COLLAR AND LEASE COMPANY, or PLACE THAT YOU GET YOURS FROM...DO ANY OF YOU USE HARNESSES, CHOKERS, CLOTH, LEATHER....throw out some opinions for me to play with. After all girls (guys) that's all I have to do right now is "prep" I don't have a baby home yet so it keeps me "calm" to have some association, :)
THANKS,
suzi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users