1 reply to this topic

#1 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:29 AM

It has taken me a couple of days to be able to write this one.  At almost 14 years of age, and after a nearly year and a half fight against cancer, I had to let a very large piece of my heart go. I am grateful for that year and a half - originally we were sent home with 30 days worth of steroids and the warning that it was "probably all she will need,"  but that gratitude is hard to grasp this week. 

The journey started as a transport, but I was sure we were meant to be from the first time I saw her in the parking lot where we met the shelter worked who pulled her.  It was a wild and rocky journey at first - a young and willful Dobe who really didn't think she needed to follow the rules.  She was my first real agility dog, and I am not sure a lesser partner ever could have gotten me trained.  She took her job seriously though, and managed to put several titles on me in her career.  She didn't like puppies or having her picture taken, but she loved people and attention (and especially massages).  There are so many great stories from a partnership this long, but the most appropriate today is probably the one where I was lost on an agility course, trying to salvage the run and failing miserably, when Roxie left me to go sit by the judge. I always assumed she didn't feel the need to waste her time running around while I figured things out.  I think it was around that time that a fellow agility competitor suggested I get Rox a phone, so she could dial 411 (to maybe actually get directions) when she ran with me. I think it is fair to say that no matter how lost I ever was on a course with you, Roxanna-Nana, it's nothing compared to how lost I am without you.  

Attached Files

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#2 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

So sorry for your loss. She was a beauty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users