Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hi,
To go along with the training classes listed, I got some ILP forms
today from AKC- american kennel club.
For anyone who is training or going to train & compete in Obedience,
agility ect I can send you an application form :D
I also picked up some brochures for the Canine Good Citizen test, tells
what dog & handler need to do to pass.
Let me know & give me address & I will mail to you :)
Daisy

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

Hi Daisy,

I would like the AKC application form and brochure on CGC testing. I sent you a PM with my address. Thanks!

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Got it Cheryl,
Will get them in the mail to you on monday, sounds like you
had a good day at the Swamp with Arda :D :)
Daisy

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:33 AM

Please folks, if you are going to do any competitive work or CGC apply for your ILP. A lot of our dogs come in with papers from the breeder. Should we give credit to the breeder that did NOT take back their dogs? NO we should not. If you make a competition dog out of your pet, then you and the dog should get the credit. Second Chance Diamond Dax is a perfect example of this. Daisy can surely help with any guestions you have. The Swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#5 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

Arda/Daisy:
Do either of you know of any dog training places in windsor/surrounding area? I know that you both have contacts on both sides of the border, and I'm seriously wanting to get information for getting Brody and I going to classes, and if I'm lucky enough to get another certain girlie girl, to bring her, as well.
Just thought I'd ask, because of your knowledge and, like I said, your contacts.
Thanks!
~Jen~

#6 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

Arda/Daisy:
Do either of you know of any dog training places in windsor/surrounding area?? I know that you both have contacts on both sides of the border, and I'm seriously wanting to get information for getting Brody and I going to classes, and if I'm lucky enough to get another certain girlie girl, to bring her, as well.
Just thought I'd ask, because of your knowledge and, like I said, your contacts.
Thanks!
~Jen~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jen,

Did you get in touch with Art at dogsports.ca? Here's some more links. Again - I can't help much with how they train - but I can dig stuff up for you...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ttolam/

http://www.malnjack.com/

I think you should come up to Kent Bridge... With Brody we'd have a full flyball team. *grinning*

Oh! And it's an PEN # in Canada. You can get the information from the CKC website if you wanted to show obedience. It costs 50$ to register your dog. (I don't know if you're interested in showing ... but since this was an ILP thread...)

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:05 PM

Jenny,
Call Dennis/ Lynn Arrand. They live in windsor & show dogs. Im sure
they can tell you if there are some obed classes in the area you can go
too.
Heres their Number: 519 735-2568
Good luck :)

#8 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, Stef and Daisy.
Daisy, I'll give them a call tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for the info!
~Jen~

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hi Daisy,

I received the ILP Application, brochures, CGC info, and Mother's Day flyers in the mail today. After taking some time to look it all over, I am sure that I will have questions for you. Thank you for getting this information to me so promptly. :)

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:22 AM

Please folks, if you are going to do any competitive work or CGC apply for your ILP.? A lot of our dogs come in with papers from the breeder.? Should we give credit to the breeder that did NOT take back their dogs?? NO we should not.? If you make a competition dog out of your pet, then you and the dog should get the credit.? Second Chance Diamond Dax is a perfect example of this.? Daisy can surely help with any guestions you have.? The Swamp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arda,

When we do this, do you want us to use "Second Chance" in the name? I was planning to but won't if you don't want me to. I was thinking that advertising is all good, and just in case we end up doing anything cool then everyone would know where that great dog came from.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

Hi,
I think I can answer that one for you, Yes, Arda would love for you to put
Second chance in their Name for their ILP registration. It is good
for the rescue as well as letting people know you adopted a rescue
dog & they are getting a second chance as well as doing something
with their new owner. :)
Do you need a ILP form? I can send you one & some info. :D
Its fun to come up with a pretty/fancy name for them like Dax has or
Tux. Lucy- Lyric maybe named Second Chances Perfect Harmony.
so cute :)
Daisy

#12 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hi,
I  think I can answer that one for you, Yes, Arda would love for you to put
Second chance in their Name for their ILP registration. It is good
for the rescue as well as letting people know you adopted a rescue
dog & they are getting a second chance as well as doing something
with their new owner. :D
Do you need a ILP form? I can send you one & some info.  :D
Its fun to come up with a pretty/fancy name for them like Dax has or
Tux. Lucy- Lyric maybe named Second Chances Perfect Harmony.
Daisy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the forms, thank you :D I am just waiting to get pictures back so I can send them. :) My daughter will be choosing names, I am sure - she loves to name them! :) :D :)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#13 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

Heather,
Ok, Im sure you will come up with some cute ones :)

#14 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

There's lots of sites on the net with "matching names" if you're looking for ideas. That's where I found Tux's. I wanted something that was elegant - since they're such elegant dogs.

I do have a question. When you apply for a PEN in Canada it requests the microchip number. Does it matter if the name you choose doesn't match the one associated with the microchip? I've been sitting on my app for the past week because I wasn't sure and the microchip company hasn't got back to me about changing my information.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks so much!
Stef, Second Chance's Black Tie Affair a.k.a. Tux & Wes :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#15 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

Lucy- Lyric maybe named Second Chances Perfect Harmony.
Daisy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that one!! :D

#16 Dax'smom

Dax'smom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

When we were submitting the ILP application for Dax we wanted to acknowledge the awesome rescue organization that brought our girl to us. "Diamond" was Dax's original name when I adopted her from Arda. Being 'Star Trek' fans we came up with 'Dax" from Star Trek Deep Space 9.

So today we proudly call her MACH Second Chance Diamond-Dax.

I think honoring the Second Chance Dobes by starting your ILP Name with it is a GREAT Idea!!

#17 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

Joyce,
BIG CONGRATS on Dax getting her MACH title in agiity :)
If only people knew how hard it is to get to that level of competition :)
That is just awsome. :) Yes, it is a great way to support rescue & let
people know that you adopted a rescue dobe & gave them a 2nd chance
& that you are doing stuff with them!! It was sooo wonderful to be able
to cheer Dax on in the Top Twenty in ky... :D :)
My friend Laura Spear adopted the Little Girl Lucy I emailed you about,
calls her " Lyric " now & is getting ILP. She has a 5yr boy named Deacon
we bred & he has his OA.OAJ & afew other titles. He was at the Ky national
& his Mother " Angel" did very well in KY too. :D Im a very Proud Grandma..
Hope Laura/Lyric do good things too :D

#18 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:08 AM

Okay - I'm having fun with the CKC... :) They state that a foreign dog requires a AKC ILP in order to apply for a PEN. :) Is Tux foreign?? :D I'm SO confused. (Plus - they didn't answer my question....about the name... :D )

Okay - so if I need to apply for an ILP - what is the process? Could someone post the link for the forms?

Thanks so much!
Stef

#19 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:10 AM

So today we proudly call her MACH Second Chance Diamond-Dax.

I think honoring the Second Chance Dobes by starting your ILP Name with it is a GREAT Idea!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whooohooo!!! Snaps for you! That's AWESOME!!

Stef

#20 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:16 AM

Hey Stef,

What are some of the names of those sites you were referring to regarding "matching names?"

Cheryl

-Arda Barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users