42 replies to this topic

#41 dcarl47312

dcarl47312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'm not fluent in "legalese" but to me the wording of the waiver doesn't seem inappropriate as long as every other owner has also signed the same waiver.I'd guess the insurance co. probably insists on something like that to cover their butt(as Arda said).I think I'd ask them to declare that all dog owners have also signed the same thing,the only potential liability then I'd think would be if an employee gets bitten

#42 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

These are just my personal opinions, based on my own experiences, but in a nutshell, it sounds to me like they are covering THEIR OWN BUTTS, and it is up to each of us who use such a facility to COVER OUR OWN BUTTS. This means making sure you have adequate liability insurance of your own through your homeowner's, renter's, auto (for auto-related stuff) or personal umbrella insurance policies. I would encourage everyone to review their own insurance policies and know what the coverages and exclusions are. Talk to your agent if you have any questions. BUT BEWARE, I have heard of some insurance companies refusing insurance to owners of certain breeds of dogs.

We as dog owners are fully responsible for the actions of our dogs. We need to be vigilant and proactive. I don't mean to sound paranoid. I'm just suggesting caution and common sense. In my experience, these types of waivers are common in all walks of life, not just dog facilities. Whether they hold up in court is not for me to say.

Dave, were you required to present any vaccination records? Seeing as they are taking your dog in for boarding/day-care, I would be surprised if they didn't require that.

As far as whether this facility will help a dog with dog-aggression issues, I can't venture an opinion, not knowing how they plan to work on that problem. I can see where a regular weekly obedience class is not going to help, at least in that department. Let us know how it goes. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Cheri, 06 June 2009 - 01:25 PM.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#43 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately, Joaquin & I can't make it to Arda's this weekend.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users