5 replies to this topic

#1 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:03 AM

When posting photos, please be sure to downsize them so that the file size is around 1 mb or less (this should yield a picture around 8" or 600 pixels in height or width, depending on the orientation of the photo, at 72 dpi). Our photo upload folder is nearly 1 gigabyte (HUGE!!) in size and our server space is only 5 gigabytes. Posting pictures directly from your digital camera without downsizing them first is not a good idea (unless you've got your camera set on the lowest quality setting). Most cameras and scanning software come with photo editing programs that will allow you to do this. The last thing I want is for us to run out of server space and/or start deleting pictures because the files are so big.

Thanks!! :thumbsup:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#2 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:30 PM

This was posted on another group I am part of as they have the same problem with picture posting and including large pics in e-mails (takes to long to open for some people on dial-up) but I haven't tried it!!! but may be worth a try... I started saving the smaller version after I upload to kodakgallery...

"There's a free image utility called IrfanView that's pretty capable. The operations are all there (crop, resize, dpi, etc.) but the menu layout is obviously different than Adobe. Nice little utility. The page is http://www.irfanview.com/

G'luck!

Dave Martin"

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#3 Duke's Mommy

Duke's Mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

In reply to Dave, I use that program and it works very well and is easy to use!

Happy downsizing!

~Heather

#4 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

When posting photos, please be sure to downsize them so that the file size is around 1 mb or less (this should yield a picture around 8" or 600 pixels in height or width, depending on the orientation of the photo, at 72 dpi). Our photo upload folder is nearly 1 gigabyte (HUGE!!) in size and our server space is only 5 gigabytes. Posting pictures directly from your digital camera without downsizing them first is not a good idea (unless you've got your camera set on the lowest quality setting). Most cameras and scanning software come with photo editing programs that will allow you to do this. The last thing I want is for us to run out of server space and/or start deleting pictures because the files are so big.

Thanks!! :chris:

Hi, I'm new to th BB and have a question. How do I post pictures? I think I've posted a couple, but can't find them. How do I find and view pictures others have posted?
Don't mean to sound dense, but seem to be.
Thank you,
Dan

Edited by Dan, 28 October 2009 - 08:16 AM.

#5 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

You've posted pictures in Teala's new beguining. You have to be logged in to see the pictures.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#6 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:38 AM

Hi, I'm new to th BB and have a question. How do I post pictures? I think I've posted a couple, but can't find them. How do I find and view pictures others have posted?
Don't mean to sound dense, but seem to be.
Thank you,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Pictures are added to posts kinda like attachments to emails. You click to start a post and then down below where you type your message is an "Attachments" section. The first step is to click the "Browse" button to locate the picture on your computer that you want to upload. Once you have found the picture you want to upload you click "Upload". Once the picture is uploaded it will show up right above the browse and upload buttons in the "Manage Current Attachments" drop-down box. Click on the arrow next to the drop-down box and your freshly uploaded picture should be in the list with a couple icons next to the name of the picture. Make sure the blinking cursor is where you want the picture inserted into your post and then click the left most icon next to the uploaded file in the Manage current attachments drop-drop list to insert the tag that will insert your picture into your post.

As far as searching for pictures, you can search for topics or words in a post by using the "search" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen but there is no real way to search for specific photos. There is however a thread that got started in the General Discussion forum where everyone has taken to posting their "family" photos there, here is a link:

Family Album Thread

Hope this helps, any more questions let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users