#21 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the update Scott! :(

Tux and Wes will have to have Duffy and Sophie over for a playdate!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#22 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone I really hope this isn't getting old!! I just think so much of this guy I take A LOT of pictures. I feel so lucky to have found this guy, he is definitely better than anything I had ever imagined even if he is slightly larger than I had expected! I really hope to get him into obedience class very soon, that will be a lot of fun. Well here are a few pictures, Enjoy!!

Talk to you all soon: Scott

Attached Files

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#23 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:58 PM

Nope, can't ever get enough pictures! :thumbsup: I'm so happy to see him so at home already! Sounds like you are having a great time. Your daughter is a charmer too!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#24 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone I really hope this isn't getting old!! I just think so much of this guy I take A LOT of pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old? :ermm: Are you kidding? We look forward to these updates and we love LOTS of pictures! I wish all of the SCD adopters would post updates and pictures. Keep 'em coming Scott. :thumbsup: We'll never get tired of them.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#25 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:41 AM

Updates never get old!!! It's so wonderful that he's working out!! :thumbsup:

Just in case you're looking - the next beginner obedience session at Wysguys starts May 17th. They're in Kent Bridge and the trainer is excellent! (He's funny and very good with the dogs.)

Edited by Stef, 03 April 2006 - 07:34 AM.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#26 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

Updates never get old!!!  It's so wonderful that he's working out!!  :thumbsup:

Just in case you're looking - the next beginner obedience session at Wysguys starts May 17th.  They're in Kent Bridge and the trainer is excellent!  (He's funny and very good with the dogs.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the heads up Stef.
You wouldn't happen to have a number where I could get in touch with the trainer from Wysguys, I definitely want to register if it isn't too late.

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#27 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

I pm-ed you the information Scott. :thumbsup:

#28 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

Hi all just a couple of photos to share with you.
Duffy has really made an impression on this family and everyone who meets him.
He's a wonderful and to watch him play with our other dog Sophie is quite comical.
Our daughter has really taken to him and him to her.
I know I'm repeating myself often but I feel so lucky to have this dog and all the his wonderful attributes he brings with him.

Attached Files

#29 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

That's awesome!! I love the pictures!!

#30 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hi all just a couple of photos to share with you.
Duffy has really made an impression on this family and everyone who meets him.
He's a wonderful and to watch him play with our other dog Sophie is quite comical.
Our daughter has really taken to him and him to her.
I know I'm repeating myself often but I feel so lucky to have this dog and all the his wonderful attributes he brings with him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boy, that third picture sure looks like a big bad dobe, huh? It amazes me how much these dogs love kids. Titan just loves it when we go to Petsmart and he can find kids, better than toys or treats for him (not that he likes kids for treats, mind you)

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#31 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

Boy, that third picture sure looks like a big bad dobe, huh? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He looks like Cocoa to me! :thumbsup: I wonder if Duffy is from the same bloodline.

Great pictures Scott!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#32 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

He looks like Cocoa to me!  :thumbsup: I wonder if Duffy is from the same bloodline.

Great pictures Scott!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see some pictures of cocoa, to really compare the 2.

#33 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

Wow! He does look like Cocoa!

#34 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:53 AM

I would love to see some pictures of cocoa, to really compare the 2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are all sorts of pictures of Cocoa in Our Families Album under the General Discussion thread but here are a few for you to see. Will the really Duffy please stand up.

Attached File  Duffy_lookalike.jpg   100.46KB   44 downloadsAttached File  Duffy_1.jpg   79.82KB   39 downloadsAttached File  Duffy_lookalike_2.jpg   189.55KB   42 downloads

-Arda Barber

#35 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:25 AM

Duffy is in the middle - if Cocoa was in a cage she wouldn't have her mouth closed! haha! :thumbsup:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#36 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:20 PM

Wow I can't believe how much he does look like Cocoa.
After I looked through the family album here are a couple of pictures I found that really really look like Cocoa( Not that they all don't)!!
Now I can understand why everyone is comparing him to Cocoa.

Here are a couple more pictures of Duffy.

Attached Files

#37 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

I wish you had his pedigree.

-Arda Barber

#38 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

I wish you had his pedigree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I would also like to have his pedigree, because looking at the two of them sure makes you wonder.

#39 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Yes I would also like to have his pedigree, because looking at the two of them sure makes you wonder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first time I saw his picture posted on this site, I said to myself "Oh look, it's Cocoa's long lost brother."

Here is the pic.

http://www.secondcha...?showtopic=2133

His ears stand out to the sides just like hers. :thumbsup:

Edited by CAB, 12 April 2006 - 04:43 PM.

-Arda Barber

#40 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

The first time I saw his picture posted on this site, I said to myself "Oh look, it's Cocoa's long lost brother."

Here is the pic.

http://www.secondcha...?showtopic=2133

His ears stand out to the sides just like hers.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that pic. He really does look like Cocoa.
It's kind of neat to see him exactly as he came to you guys.
I think I also saw a picture of Cocoa with a stuffed animal.
Does she like the stuffed toys?
Duffy sure does, everytime we turn around he's going into our daughters room and coming out with a stufed toy from her bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users