Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

I was waiting, waiting, waiting,

Attached File  IMG_0835_1_1.JPG   100.82KB   5 downloads

Then, my guardian angel said... Cheryl & Cocoa were coming for me.

FOR ME? Na, That is only a dream Attached File  IMG_0864_1_1.JPG   85.93KB   7 downloads

I should not get my hopes up to high... but Arda sure is smiling. Huuummm???Attached File  IMG_0853_1_1_1.JPG   89.49KB   5 downloads

Look everyone they ARE taking MEEE.Attached File  IMG_0866_1_1.JPG   74.12KB   4 downloads

THANK YOU I will love you always Attached File  IMG_0868_1_1_1.JPG   75.51KB   4 downloads
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#2 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

Congratulations Valentino and Cheryl!!! Cocoa must be so happy to have a brother!!!! :D
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

When one of our seniors gets a home, it's a dream come true for both the dog and me. It's hard to take the old kids when their time is so short but they need it the most. They are the best and they require the least. Valentino is such a hunk of love. I'm so happy he has a home.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

Cheryl, you make me proud to know you. Thanks for giving Valentino a place to call home. We all know that no one else could possibly treat him any better than you will. This is where the term "lucky dog" comes from.

Posted Image
Lucky Dog

CONGRATULATIONS!! May you all be happy for many years to come.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#5 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:44 AM

Congratulations to Valentino!!!

#6 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

Those pictures are great Cathy. :D Thanks for posting his happy ending story. I love this guy. :ermm: He's a great dog considering everything that he has been through. I'll keep you posted on his adventures! We're having a welcome home party soon! :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#7 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

HeeHee!!! Another failure at Fostering 101!!!

but I knew this was coming!!! Very glad to hear!!! I know you will love him forever Cheryl!!! Congrats Cocoa on your new brother!!! Congrats Val!!! You now have a Mommie and Sissie that will love you!!!

Bella and Skitter say "Come on over anytime!!!" Munchkin and Calvin say "Only if you stay outside!" LOL

Edited by jmnodwell, 28 August 2006 - 08:12 AM.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#8 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

That's wonderful news. It always seemed like Valentino would be a great guy to have around. He is so lucky that Cheryl and Cocoa chose him!!

#9 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

Great news, Cheryl! CONGRATS!!! :D
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#10 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:32 AM

Those pictures are great Cathy.  :ermm: Thanks for posting his happy ending story.  I love this guy.  ;) He's a great dog considering everything that he has been through.  I'll keep you posted on his adventures!  We're having a welcome home party soon!  :LOL:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was my pleasure to post those pictures.. THANK YOU for choosing Val. He is such a great dog! He really does have personallity plus! I know he will be forever greatful to you and Cocoa. When he saw you, he did not want to leave your side. ;)
So, let the adventures begin :)

Congrat's Cheryl, Cocoa, & Val :D
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#11 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:42 AM

Congratulations!!! He's so handsome!!

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

Most of you will never see the cruelty signs that we saw on him. You really have to part the hair around his neck to see the scars that encircle his neck from a chain that did not grow with him. It would make a strong person ill. And those white hairs are from old scars. His life is almost over but for him....it's just starting. Hugs and kisses Valentino
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#13 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

Congrats Cheryl/Cocoa & Valentino... I know you all will
have some good times together.. No matter if you have him
for years or monthes, they all make a place in your heart for them..
GoodLuck, Good Times & have tons of FUN... :) :D :ermm:

Daisy & Gang

#14 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:36 PM

Congrats! Last time I saw him (after a couple of weeks with Cheryl) coat was so soft and shiny, and boy, was he sulking that new Momma Cheryl had to leave him at Arda's for a few days! :D

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#15 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

I am so happy to see this!!!!! When I saw that his picture wasn't up anymore I felt sick because I was afraid that something had happened to him. I am so happy that someone took him home!
My Mom will be really happy she hated not be able to take him home too.
Steph

#16 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

I knew Cheryl had plans for Valentino. I'm so glad he's at home with his Mumma and Cocoa. This is truly a happy ending story for a so-very-deserving guy. Doesn't matter what stage of life the love and compassion begins. . . only that IT DOES begin. Thank you, Cheryl, for giving an old man the very best portion of his life!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#17 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

Congratulations Cheryl, Cocoa & Valentino!! :D
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#18 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

Thanks everyone! This guy has a lot of character. I especially love the way he talks to me. :ermm: He and Cocoa are getting along just fine. :D
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#19 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

Cheryl, how wonderful for all of you. I am so proud to be a part of this forum with all the great and compassionate people here. I hope your time with Val will be as special as your time with Cocoa has been so far. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#20 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:28 PM

That's awesome!!
What a great gift to Valentino and Cocoa.
I'm sure he'll be forever grateful for what you've done!

All the best: Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users