Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

Kona in her new home Attached File  DSCF1198.JPG   466.43KB   70 downloads
Kona getting some love Attached File  DSCF1199.JPG   461.11KB   47 downloads
Pretty girl! Attached File  DSCF1204.JPG   448.3KB   52 downloads
Nap time with her new sister Attached File  DSCF1206.JPG   449.25KB   95 downloads
Then there's Raz Ma Taz!Attached File  DSCF1205.JPG   443.83KB   58 downloads

Kona did great in the car ride home. She ate her 2 cups of food for dinner, had some treats and then a bath. She is being so good! Very affectionate!!!! :pinch:
Will update more later
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#2 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

How wonderful! The pictures are great. Kona certainly acclimated quickly. Keep the updates coming.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

So.. Razzy has a girlfriend? :stuart: way to go Raz & Kona! :innocent:

Great pictures :P

can not wait for more updates and pictures :pinch:
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

Her spirit was broke here. She was being punished and she didn't know why. She's such a sweet girl. She knew she was going with Melissa and then we put her in a run while we cleaned the horse pen again. I could see she lost hope again. Then Melissa took her out and they headed to the car. NO LEASH! And she jumped right in the car. She really needed you, Melissa. Her heart and spirit are just broken and good ole Razz Leroy just smushed her up. I sure hope this works for her and you.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#5 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

She is a doll! I don't think she is feeling real well - runny nose, sneezing. Have a vet appoint first thing Mon. morning for her routine check up. Will monitor her until then. She did eat though and is enjoying her treats when she comes in from going potty outside! And I think she is loving all the attention she is getting from everyone.

Raz isn't so sure about having to share the attention! He is behaving like a gentleman, but I've caught him moping around a little so he is getting his extra hugs and kisses too!

She did seem determined to leave today didn't she Arda? I felt bad when I realized how heartbroken she looked when she thought she was staying in that run today. Hopefully a few weeks and she will hold her head up high and be the proud dobergirl she should be!
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

#6 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Congratulation to Kona on your new forever home. Hopefully everything works out for you and Raz and your new family. She is a real cutie.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#7 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

Good luck Melissa! I hope it works out for Raz and Kona. Kona seemed like a real sweetheart.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#8 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:58 PM

OMIGOSH!!! :pinch:

I asked Larry if we could take her home to foster because I couldn't stand the way she looked in the runs on Wednesday. I can't believe this!! This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!

Thank you Arda and Melissa for watching out for this little sweetie. This has just made my week!!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#9 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:00 AM

OMIGOSH!!! :stuart:

I asked Larry if we could take her home to foster because I couldn't stand the way she looked in the runs on Wednesday.  I can't believe this!!  This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!

Thank you Arda and Melissa for watching out for this little sweetie.  This has just made my week!!!

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That frees you up to take a different one! :innocent: Maybe Donoza? :pinch:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#10 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:03 AM

Kona slept all night (in my daughters room on the fold out futon with a blankie). She didn't have any accidents in the house. She didn't eat that much for breakfast (only about 1/2 cup) but that is to be expected during her adjustment period. She was very wiggly when she got up this morning! It was sooo nice to see. I will try to get pictures after I get home from work and post them. She has the prettiest smile.

Raz is still being a gentleman, but his nose is a little cut off. I think that he thinks that if he just doesn't look at her - then she doesn't exist. Kona was okay with that last night, but this morning she has pushed it a little (just a couple "hey, here I am noses, or hey I'm Kona kisses) Raz trys real hard to just look away or put his head down.

Kona loves the backyard and Raz reacts differently to her out there. So I think that when I get home from work today, I will spend some time out there with the two of them. He seems more willing to socialize with her outside.

As I'm typing - Raz is on one side laying down and Kona is on the other side laying down. Reaching their heads up in a dobe "touch me, pet me" way. They are both very sweet, loving, beautiful dobes.

#11 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

I am so glad that you took Kona home!! When I was out there last Saturday she just seemed so down and just wanted to be loved. I would've took her because she was so nice but not for sure how Greta would've liked that. Have fun and enjoy her!!

Sarah

#12 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

She looks like such a sweety & dollface!!! Congrats Kona!

Raz...don't be jealous...you have a very loving family and I'm sure you will be able to teach Kona some tricks on how to get spoiled rotten!! :pinch:

Melissa, it definately sounds like you were meant for Kona. I'm sure she thanks you for saving her...it looks like it from the pics!

#13 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

She is SUCH a pretty girl!!!!!!!
And Raz, my boy???? You are ONE handsome fella!!! Make a real smart looking couple of dobes, let me tell ya!!! :pinch:

#14 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

So heres a question.... a serious doggie question..... one that maybe some expert dog person can answer for me?????

How does one person with only two hands pet two wonderful attention starved dobes and play on the computer at the same time? Use my toes to operate the mouse? Get them their own doggie computers?

Attached File  DSCF1208.JPG   447.92KB   63 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1207.JPG   439.04KB   55 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1209.JPG   443.1KB   48 downloadsent]
Raz is on my right, Kona is on my left

and to think.... there are three teenagers in my house that they could be playing with right now!

Edited by Melissa34, 13 January 2006 - 08:32 PM.

#15 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

So heres a question.... a serious doggie question..... one that maybe some expert dog person can answer for me?????
How does one person with only two hands pet two wonderful attention starved dobes and play on the computer at the same time? Use my toes to operate the mouse? Get them their own doggie computers?
Attached File  DSCF1208.JPG   447.92KB   63 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1207.JPG   439.04KB   55 downloadsAttached File  DSCF1209.JPG   443.1KB   48 downloads
Raz is on my right, Kona is on my left
and to think.... there are three teenagers in my house that they could be playing with right now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because the teenagers aren't trying to use the computer.

#16 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

You do have a problem...
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#17 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

How does one person with only two hands pet two wonderful attention starved dobes and play on the computer at the same time?

You are doing it right ... one hand for each dobe and then the next thing you know you have timed out and have to log in again. :pinch:

Jane
GREAT PICS!

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#18 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:05 AM

Jane - that happens all the time! I think I spend more time loggin in then I do anything else. :innocent: This morning I woke before the alarm and thought I'd sneak out for a peaceful cup of coffee and check email and stuff. :pinch: No such luck. Raz heard me sneaking out of bed who in turn woke Kona. In some fancy smancy doggie language he has told her that "we go to bed when mom does and we get up when mom does, we lay with her while shes on the computer, follow her to the door when she has to leave and give those huge puppy dog please don't leave me looks, follow her endlessly around the house as if there is a secret escape door that we might miss and at those rare moments that she closes the bathroom door, we find a way to push it open and shove our faces in to ask her what shes doing in there"

Maybe we should invent a dobe owner friendly computer? One with a couple dobe pet scratchers that come out the sides to pet your dogs while you happily type away?

OHHH almost forgot to post this and it was sooo cute I wish I had my camera but I didn't have it! Kona has been sleeping on Raz's old bed which is actually a chair/chaise lounge made of foam. When folded up it is like a chair, when unfolded it is like a foam chaise lounge. We have it unfolded and it has a round end for a pillow type thing. When I woke up this morning Kona was ALL stretched out on that thing - with her head up on the little "pillow". She looked absolutely comfortable and at ease which was great! Considering the only way I had seen her sleep was curled up in a little ball.

Edited by Melissa34, 14 January 2006 - 06:12 AM.

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:01 AM

Quit living my life! hahaha!

Man these dobes are so much alike...

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#20 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

I'm tellin ya!
If they were listed in a personal ad it would read : loyal, faithful, attention seeking, nosey, persistant, good listener seeking human companion willing to tolerate a life of never being alone in return for unconditional love and commitment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users