• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 De Pruett

De Pruett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

I did get your email! So excited to correspond! Lol. Computers are overrated in my opinion...but we roll with the changes..right? I look forward to continued collaborations
De

#22 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

To all my Dobermann fans.............the tail of the dogs that bite my heart.  Been a couple of weeks and we have all recovered from this ordeal.  Feb 17, 2021.  Just before it started to thaw around here.  We had about 18 inches of snow out in the flat yard and the pond had been frozen over.  "Last pee call" which is 9:00 to 9;30 for the A Team.  Biscuits in hand I open the door.  Mouth and Sweetie come in.  Dennis being his usual self standing back to irritate me.  But he kept looking over his shoulder and whining.  Better take a look.  Pulled my boots on and grabbed a flash light.  Down the hill and over the Rainbow bridge.  OH GOD NO!!!  Sophie, Jada, and Nickie are in the pond.  Crying like little kids.  Back up the hill I go after the extension ladder.  It's frozen together.  I banged on it all the way to the pond.  Still only have half it's length.  Out onto the ice and drop the ladder in the hole.  Oh God, the sound of them crying.  Cold and wet and can not get out.  I got the ladder in the hole and went to the edge.  Nickie was first to get to me and I flung him by the collar out onto the ice, screaming get out of here so he wouldn't come to me.  Next one I could get a hold of was Jada.  And I flung her out onto the ice.  Gasping for air (COPD) and trying to get Sophie to come towards me.  I thought I'd die.  Here comes Jada to "help".  "Get out of here" and I moved a little around the hole so I could grab a collar.  And up she came.  It must have been God cause I was pretty much done in.  She could not walk and all I could do is crawl.  So I used the old leash around the chest and through her collar so I wouldn't loose her and crawled to the bridge dragging her unresponsive body with me.  There I could get "me" up onto my feet and dragged her the rest of the way to the house.  She was unable to move.  Flung open the blanket chest and started rubbing her down with towels and blankets.  I'm soaking wet to my waist.  And I rubbed.  I know someone else was helping cause I could not have done it by myself.  It was 4 hours before she could lift her head.  I rolled her up in blankies and sat near her in a pile of very concerned dogs til morning.  By morning she could stand and walk but her "pee call" was very short and she was right back into the house.  Did I thank God?  You betcha I did.  And did I tell all of you that I'm too old for these new tricks.  We are doing fine EXCEPT for............the next story coming up. 

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#23 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

March 23rd.........Rykers day at the vets.  Jill came out to help get him to the vets.  But as it usually happens.......anything that could go wrong does go wrong.  Jill couldn't get the gate closed.  We both tried.  No way.  It is dead.  So we ran him to the vets.  No heartworm or any other worms.  Shots brought up to date and he will be ready for surgery next Thursday.  Went to Adrian to pick up my new glasses.  This will take a little getting used to.  I have Macular Degeneration or how ever they spell it.  On the way back to the compound we stopped at a fencing company and spilled out the problems of the day.  He whipped us up on the computer and told us what he thought we needed.  Will call tomorrow with a quote.  Anyway, we got our thinking cap on and pulled a sled out to the carousel building and loaded a role of chain link on it.  This was an act of dumber and dumber.  Through the snow and ice we dragged it to the gate.  It kept rolling off the sled.  I think this is what did Jill in.  It sure did me in.  We rolled enough out to cover the drive and stood the roll up in the bushes and fastened it to the fence with a tarp strap.  Then the pull to get it tight across to where the gate was stuck and fastened it with a pair of snaps to hold it in place.  Not bad for a pair of old farts.  At least I can let the dogs out until we can get new gates.  $4800 and a two week wait.  Best anyone could do for us.  Problem solved!  Must be Spring.  Seems like all the problems of the world just dump on SCD.  Yes we are fenced in and the tractor needs a trip to John Deere because it will not start.  Heather says "Don't ask, What else?"  I really don't want to know...........Arda and the Heathens

#24 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:19 PM

Hey everybody.......Jill has been in the hospital for the last three days.  Real bad pain in the tummy.  They ran all kinds of tests on her.  I can't spell it but Hinend hernia kinda sounds like it.  I say she did herself in pulling fencing and dog food around.  It's time to retire that old girl.  Boy will I hear about this in the morning.  Sorry Jill.  You are on inactive duty.  Maybe a few demerits.

#25 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 01:55 PM

Well I'm home for now! Hernia is small that's not the problem. I have ulcerated  sores in my esophagus all the way to my stomach that were almost bleeding causing all the pain and vomiting.

So I'm on meds to coat my tummy and heal the sores. The biopsy can back good so no worries there. I'll be back to doing what we do best out at SCD by next week. Lets see what we can get  into when I'm back. I'm sure Arda will have a whole list for me.... :Whistle:  :He He:  :doberman:

Just happy to be home and out of the hospital

And so it goes........

We are women hear us roar!!!!

#26 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:19 PM

I think we should all take a long nap and let the BAD boogie man go away.  I'm cutting the poison ivy down while you are out of commission.  You do realize that we can't even get the tractor out of the driveway till they get the gate up.  Oh for the headaches!  And DON'T ASK WHAT'S NEXT!!!

#27 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

I'm throwing this in here because I want to remember it.  I have an 18 year old Dobe called Britney.  She has been heck on wheels for all these years BUT I see her slowing down badly.  This morning it took 2 trips around the house with me chasing her to get her in for breakfast.  She is blind and can barely hear.  She goes around the house till she finds the door in.  Yes, we have kennels but I fear it would kill her to not run around the house.  Exercise is good for her and probably better for me.  She is being fed whatever she wants.  From Satin Balls to Pedigree Chopped dinner or anything else she wants.  Getting old is not a fun way to live and who else other than me knows it.  Our time is coming.  Britney and me.

#28 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:59 PM

How to catch a Britaney...............Turn a camp lantern on and place it right next to the entry gate to come in the house.  Instead on 3 trips around the house being chased by me, it only takes once around the house with no chaser.  And in she comes!

#29 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:47 AM

News Flash!......The new gates are up and functioning.  What a lovely Passover and Easter present!  I can live another day. 

#30 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:08 PM

To all of you................A very peaceful Passover and a Happy Easter!  Yes our annual Easter Egg hunt is going on tomorrow for all these misfits that live here with me.  We will try to get a few pics.

#31 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:06 PM

The John Deere came home this morning.  All ready for me to tear up again.  Started the "tour of duties".  Pick up trash, dogs and passer buyers.  Then the front and there is violets and butter cups out.  Crap apples are blooming.  Flowering quince and forsythia all blooming.  It's so beautiful in the spring.  Makes the work all worth while.  I sure hope all of your yards are reminding you that better days are coming.  It's SPRING.  And the birds are everywhere.  So much beauty in all this discord.  I thank God for the beauty. 

#32 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:01 AM

Let me slip this in here.........I mowed yesterday.  5 hours!  And every time I looked around to check dog count......there she was.  Our 18 year old Britaney.  She wore her self out following the lawn mower.  Slept like a log all night.  What a dog.  18 years old and still going.  Thank you God!

#33 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

I'm going to try and get a picture of the old girl. Britney :doberman:  not Arda.. :Silly: .LOL

Will post it tonight hopefully, stay tuned

#34 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:30 PM

Now this knocks the socks out of my Spring.  All my trees and bushes are full of buds and blossoms.  AND PHOOF God throws snow on them.  It just isn't fair.  I got both of my shots.  I have stayed in lock down.  I've been very good for me.  And he still got me.  This just isn't nice at all.

#35 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

So glad to see you're still posting & still have a sense of humor in spite of everything. Snow is gone & we're supposed to have a weekend warm up.

Wanted to let you know that Sammy String-bean has been diagnosed with DCM-early stage. His EKG was normal so he's under no activity restrictions, thank goodness. He has another ultra-sound on Monday to see if meds are working so prayers & fingers crossed. He's been the best boy-loves everyone except other dogs-& I want him around for a long, long time!

#36 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:10 PM

I am so sorry to hear this.  I have lost count of how many I have lost to DCM.  Thank goodness you are on top of it right away.  Keep me updated please.  Prayers to you and the String Bean.

#37 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 06:26 PM

To ALL my friends and Mothers out there; HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and MANY MORE!

#38 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:18 PM

Happy Belated Mother's Day other mother. Oh Arda, I feel like I'm living in the Swamp! We lost Joaquin's mom in September and that was rough. No will, so we are dealing with probate. We just last week got the papers making Joaquin the legal executor so we are getting her house ready for sale. Then in December, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery and radiation and so far so good.They say she had the best possible results. Then in March, Joaquin had covid really bad. Eight days in the hospital, four in the ICU, and for the first three days, I really wasn't sure if he was going to come home again. It's been one horror on top of another. BUT my sister and I are going to Disney in December come hell or high water. I REALLY need a vacation.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#39 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:55 AM

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry for all you've been through. Happy to her that Joaquin is doing better and out of the hospital. Hope things get better for you.

I had covid  but stayed home for 2 weeks nothing like  what J had. Prayers he stays well and on the mend it can stay with you  for a long time.

Glad everything went well for your Mom. You've had such a bad year with everything, May everything go better for you and you get your vacation

that Arda has always wanted. I can't even think of what you've been going through, hang in there. May you have better days ahead :icon12:  :doberman:  :doberman:  :cat:  :cat:  :doberman:  :doberman:

I think that covers your kids 4 dogs and 2 cats oh my. 

#40 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:08 AM

Good Lord!  You are having an Arda year.  6 months with no phone or internet.  So none of the animal controls could find us.  Lost Cassius, Omi, Snow, Telly and Chance.  Gate locked in an open position and had to be replaced.  More lawn mower repairs.  Lock down from Covid exposure.  Red squirrel invasion.  Swimming in the pond in dead winter.  Thanks for taking some of the heat off of us.  And for God's sake put a cover over J to keep him protected from all things bad.  It will get better but getting there is a killer. We are starting to repair everything that went to heck over the last year.  Oh and Squirt has arthritis.  Bute 2 X daily for the pain.  When did he get old.  He's only 27" high?  Give J a hug from me and know that I'm praying for your Mom.  All our love to all of you.  The other mother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users