105 replies to this topic

#1 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

I have taken it upon myself to help SCD with my own idea for a fundraiser. I will either ship them next week to you or I will personally drive them up with my boy Zeus (Destin).I hope everyone likes them and that they sell for a large amount so that you are able to rescue a couple more dobes and to keep the other ones happy as well. I would suggest a minimum donation of $15.00 for each one but you know what is best for your cause. Maybe you will think $15.00 is too low and want to go higher. I'm not sure what us crazy dobe lovers are willing to pay for a limited edition run of customized product. (Do I have everyone guessing still on what the items will be). There will be 36 of them and at a minimum donation of $15 that would raise $540.00 for SCD. Again, these are a limited edition run of goods so buy yours quick and make a donation that will help some great dogs. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a custom product. My wife and I are donating the full order to SCD and we hope people will give generously as dobe lovers always do. This is a FANTASTIC organization and we are glad to be apart of it. We are happy to make this donation and we hope we are able to deliver them personally so everyone can visit with their beloved Destin (now Zeus). If not please let us know what you think of the goods and let us know how well they sell and how fast they sell out. I hope this goes over well. My fingers are crossed. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
The Waldo's

#2 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

Well....sign me up for one :wub: Whatever it may be :rolleyes: You must work in sales....and if you're not, you should be :)
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#3 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:34 PM

I'll take one,also. Whatever it is.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#4 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

I will too!! :rolleyes:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#5 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:37 PM

We'll take one too! When do we get to know what we are buying? Sanja would love a chance to play with Zeus! Let us know when you are bring whatever it is you're bringing up!

#6 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

ill take one as well

#7 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:19 PM

If it's mail-able we'll take one.

John and Lori
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#8 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

I will take one of whatever.....What is it?

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

I'd like one too! Is it a sign that says "A spoiled rotten Doberman lives here" :rolleyes:

I think you need to make a special delivery. I'd love to see Zeus and so would a lot of other people. :wub:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hey these aren't cats are they?????
Lorie :rolleyes:

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

Hey these aren't cats are they?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: Good one Lorie!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#12 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:00 PM

Sign me up for one as well - unless they are alive! Then I will just donate money! :rolleyes: Lorie scared me with the kitten comment....

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#13 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

If it's mail-able we'll take one.

John and Lori

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Ditto"
Whatever it may be!

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#14 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:28 AM

If it is "eat-able", I'll take 2. (One for me and I'll gift one to my dieting pal Beefy!!).

Dude
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#15 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:18 PM

We'll take one too! :rolleyes:
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#16 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

I'm game. I'll take one, also. Mary Let me know who to make the check out to.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#17 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

Count me in, too--surprises are always fun. :rolleyes:

#18 DBugged33

DBugged33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:11 AM

Ohh... ohh... me too, ME TOO... I hate being left out!

#19 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

Wow! The response to this fund raiser has been terrific. It shows how much support everyone is willing to give to SCD and the wonderful dogs that it saves. I might post a photo or two on Friday of the product for everyone to see. There is a good chance that I will have to ship these up to you since I have a picnic outing with my mother on Saturday (weather permitting) and I can't let down dear ol' mom. If you are open on Sunday I will drive up with Zeus so everyone that saved this dog's life can visit with him, if thats an option for SCD to be there on a Sunday. If not they will ship on Thursday via UPS and you will have them on Friday to sell. Looks like about 16 people have already committed to making a donation for this limited product. You guys are really kind souls and are a real asset to society. The world need more people crazy enough to donate money for an item unknown item. I'm impressed with the people of this organization and it's supporters more and more everytime I see them in action. Thank you to everyone for making me feel at ease about taking the leap on this fundraiser. I hope you are at least somewhat happy with your item(s). I know I will display mine proudly. Im a very proud supporter of this cause and Im pleased to be surrounded by others that feel the same way.

Sincerely,
The Waldo's

#20 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

If you are open on Sunday I will drive up with Zeus so everyone that saved this dog's life can visit with him, if thats an option for SCD to be there on a Sunday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean Father's Day?

-Arda Barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users