#1 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:48 AM

To Everyone,

I just called Purina to verify whether or not Canadian Weight Circles count in the USA.
I was informed that they are accepted.
So everyone in Canada "Start Collecting" along with us in the USA

WE NEED YOUR PURINA WEIGHT CIRCLES!

You could win this brand new, handmade, collar & leash set!!!

If Second Chance Dobes can turn in enough weight circles, Purina will send a check to our veterinarian. 100% of the money goes directly toward our medical bills. All of the dogs that come into the rescue must be vetted. Therefore, medical is one of our highest expences. But, YOU CAN HELP!

It's Simple!

Most Purina brand products have a weight circle on the package. Products like; Dog Chow, Puppy Chow, Pro Plan, Pro One, Cat Chow, and so many others.
The circle states the product name and weight. The more your product weighs, the better! SAVE THE CIRCLES THEN TOTAL THE WEIGHT. You can mail them all at once or individual, we can keep track for you.

IF YOU SAVE THE MOST TOTAL WEIGHT YOU WILL BE THE LUCKY WINNER!

Tell everyone you know to start saving now!
Contest ends September 28, 2005.

All entries must be recieved by September 28, 2005. Send circles, total weight amount,
name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to:
Cathy Gray
14013 Iyopawa Island
Coldwater, MI 49036

The winner will be notifed and agrees to have their name published by Second Chance Dobes as the winner.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

The finished the leash and collar set that will be the prize for the next weight circle contest. The winner can have their choice of the following designs:

Pink Hibiscus
Attached File  PinkHibiscusBatik1.jpg   213.43KB   10 downloads

Attached File  PinkHibiscusBatik2.jpg   85.29KB   6 downloads

-OR-

Red and Yellow Hawaiian with Green Accents
Attached File  RedYellowHawaiian1.jpg   170.34KB   10 downloads

Attached File  RedYellowHawaiian2.jpg   102.48KB   6 downloads

Both collars and leashes are adjustable in length and are all 1" wide. The pink collar adjusts from 14" to 22". The red collar adjusts from 15" to 23". Both leashes adjust from 6' 10" to 4'.

Please note: The colors in the photos aren't 100% accurate. Both sets are really bright in color...the pink has bright shades ranging from dark pink to a light pink with grey-blue Hibiscus flowers. The red set is a vibrant red (not orange-red as shown in the photos) and yellow with dark green-blue accents.

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#2 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone know if there is a weight circle or something else for the canned food or doesn't that count?

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:36 PM

The canned does not count :D I don't know why???

Sorry, it took so long for a response :D ..... I am trying to get around to read everything.....?

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#4 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:44 PM

Not a problem, I had a coupon for the canned stuff and got it as a treat for Myles. Thanks for letting me know, I thought I was overlooking the weight circle on the canned.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#5 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Recieved the first pack of weight circles today :D

THANK YOU! :)

KEEP THEM COMING!

SEPTEMBER 28 IS COMING SOON!!!

CATHY

#6 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

We actually got enough last time to pay $500 on the ole vet bill. They add up and they only require a rip and a tear. I can spot them on the garbage going down the road. It's fed a lot of dogs since 1970 and paid a lot of vet bills since 2000.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#7 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:15 AM

I've got two 20# one 40# and I have to find two more 20's I hope that helps some.
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#8 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:46 AM

We actually got enough last time to pay $500 on the ole vet bill.  They add up and they only require a rip and a tear.  I can spot them on the garbage going down the road.  It's fed a lot of dogs since 1970 and paid a lot of vet bills since 2000.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I check garbage while we're on walks ... There's not usually many ... but sometimes I get lucky. :D :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#9 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

Here it has to be tied up in a bag or they wont take it. :)
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#10 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

Cathy,

I sent off my trash-diving finds today. :) Hopefully you'll get them soon!

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#11 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:16 AM

:)

#12 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:44 AM

I'll be sending mine soon. Contest ends Sept 28th right so I have a few weeks left to get more circles. Myles would look super in that red collar and leash. More of a manly man set for my husband to use when walks him.
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#13 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:48 AM

Yeap, Sept 28th. Save away! :)

Last contest I asked people I worked with to save and they did! Helped a bunch!

Good Luck to all!

Cathy

#14 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:44 AM

I got shot down asking if we could do a "School Wide" program. Administration couldn't give me reason why not that I felt was acceptable ... :)

My mom is going to try to get it going at her school though...

#15 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:18 AM

I'm going to ask my friend who is a teacher in Windsor if she can do it in her class/school. I think she has a good rapore with everyone there, (NOT meaning you don't, Stef, don't take it that way) but I don't think they're so strict.
I'm also going to ask around work. See if anyone by chance buys Purina products, and see if anyone would be willing to bring them in for me.
Ok, Ciao!
~Jen~

#16 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:26 AM

I have a letter if anyone would like it to distribute. It has a picture of what the weight circles look like and which products have them. It briefly explains what they're used for.

Let me know if you'd like a copy.

#17 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:58 AM

The Majority of my work orders their food through the clinic. I forget what brand but its not Purina. It works out to cost about the same as Pro Plan so I'm just sticking with that so I can save the weight circles.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#18 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:13 AM

Stef, can you please email me the letter? I'd really appreciate it. Then I can print it off at my MUMMY'S house! :)

I'll send you my email addy in a pm....not that I care if anyone in HERE sees it, just you NEVER know who's roaming cyberspace.. :D

#19 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

I have a letter if anyone would like it to distribute.  It has a picture of what the weight circles look like and which products have them.  It briefly explains what they're used for. 

Let me know if you'd like a copy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stef - Can you send me a copy via e-mail? I'll PM you my address.

Thanks! :) I think this would be good to distribute at the M&G's.

Edited by CAB, 31 August 2005 - 10:53 AM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#20 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

Stef - Can you send me a copy via e-mail?  I'll PM you my address.

Thanks! :) I think this would be good to distribute at the M&G's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stef, me too please.... I'll scan it and then we can post here on the forum... I'll pm you my e-mail...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users