407 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:44 AM

Kathye and I have our Shepherd rescue almost completed. We are now on petfinders as rescue MI501. ACSR also has the adoption application set-up. We in no way plan on leaving Arda, this is just another avenue that we had been wanting to try out. We will continue going to SCD and helping Arda with everything like normal. We have talked to Arda countless times about this and have decided we will try to save a couple at a time. We will only be able to handle a limited number of animals as per our housing ability. Yesterday we got our first real taste of how a animal control treats a rescue when we went to pick up a mom white shepherd and her one week old pups(10). They treated us like trash until the other rescue group who contacted us showed up, then they practically kissed our butt.

Arda, Go ahead and make it public, say what you keep telling us, Are you two that darn nuts! (Not really exactly what she said, but had to keep it clean here)

Kevin & Kathye

http://www.petfinder...ters/MI501.html

#2 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:05 AM

Mommy and her 10

Attached Files

#3 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

Good luck with the sheperds, Kevin and Kathye! :cry:

Larry and Shannon
ps. Mackey and Lexie want to come over and visist you two and the dogs!

Edited by mihalik1413, 03 August 2005 - 09:12 AM.

#4 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:01 AM

Congrats guys!!! and Good Luck!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:11 AM

ARE YOU TWO NUTZ! But besides that, we are all nutz. Remember, we are all saving dogs lives, one at a time. And every bit counts. My Grandmother used to say to all of us, "It's a long road that has no turning". If there is no turns in your life, your life would be very boring. We only get this chance once in our lives. When we are sitting in a nursing home we can't go back and redo it all. Taste each day as if it were your last. AND don't spoil those pups. And I exspect you on time to work and don't forget to fix my chain saw. Love you two to death. Arda, the Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#6 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

Good Luck with Mama and the babies. :cry:
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#7 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:31 AM

Mommy and her 10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look at those babies..............Congrats to you two.

Michelle & Rusty

#8 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Hey, where are all the white puppies? :cry:

Congrats on your new RESCUE! The site looks great! Don't bite off more than you can chew or Kari will be snapping pictures of you two sitting in a chair with white hair surrounded by lots of white slobbery shepherds.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#9 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Hey, where are all the white puppies?  :D

Congrats on your new RESCUE!  The site looks great!

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, what she said! :P How did a white mom get away with producing all black pups?? :cry: Are the babies mixes? Genetics is a crazy thing! :hug:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#10 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

Congratulation on your new rescue. All those puppies are so cute and the mommy is a cutie also. I looked on Petfinder on your site and it looked real good.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#11 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

Supposedly they are purebreeds, and they have markings of a shepherd. We shall see what turns out upon growth.

#12 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

Congrats Kathye and Kevin!!

Good Luck!

#13 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

Congrats you guys!!!! :P Nothing is better then the feeling that you made a difference and you guys are sure doing that !!!! Go slow don't kill yourselves !! I got a good old shepherd book here with some different remedies in it I'll bring it sunday :hug: :cry:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#14 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

Ya done good, guys. Your site looks great. Best of luck to you and your family. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#15 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

Kevin and Kathye -

The site looks great! Congratulations. I admire both of you for your tenacity and devotion to rescue. Mom and the pups look great. She's beautiful. I wonder if the pups will lighten up as they grow?

Shepherds are a wonderful breed. I know how they stole your hearts. Good luck. Don't let the AC get you down. Your mission is a noble one.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#16 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

We have talked to Arda countless times about this and have decided we will try to save a couple at a time. We will only be able to handle a limited number of animals as per our housing ability.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what you say now......but dontcha know how addicting rescue can be? It's kinda like a Lays Potato Chip......You can't eat just one!

Congratulations Kevin and Kathye on achieving your lifetime dream! You two are an extraordinary pair! :hug: Best wishes on your new adventure! :cry:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#17 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

Supposedly they are purebreeds, and they have markings of a shepherd. We shall see what turns out upon growth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are all beautiful, nontheless! :cry: My husband's mom had a beautiful black Shepherd that passed away last summer--awesome dogs! :hug:

I don't know much about them...are white Shepherds prone to more health issues, like whites of other breeds that shouldn't be white, or is white an acceptable color?
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#18 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

The site looks great, and that white mum is just gorgeous!
Genetics IS a funny thing, isn't it? All white mum, and regular marked babies...kind of like us with eye colour, don't you think?

Kev & Kath, congratulations and good luck to you both!!! The courage you both have to start one is just awesome...I wish you luck!! :cry:

#19 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

White isn't a accepted color, kind-of like the dobe. Health and temperment issues are supposed to be prevelent also. I haven't seen anything temperment wise from her yet. Angel is really trusting us now, and she loves tennis balls. She was a owner surrender because of money issues. She is 5years old and loves kids, was raised with them. I got her trusting me with her ups by taking her out to go potty, and beating her back inside. By the time she got back inside, I would be in her pen playing with the pups. I had her outside a little while ago, and she dug a small hole in the corner of the run and buried her tennis ball.

We found out what her previous owner had called her, and that helped break the ice between us somewhat. Her name is Angel, and it fits.

#20 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

Oh, guys, that's great that she's already trusting you!
And how perfect is her name?!?! That's awesome!
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the pups as they get bigger! Gotta just LOVE puppies!!! :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users