25 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

Seth came to live with us on 8-9-03 from SCD. Attached File  seth01.jpg   19.15KB   16 downloads

Through the first few months we watched him grow into a handsome young boy. His ears were sooooo much bigger than his body.Attached File  seth3.jpg   4.69KB   16 downloads

Over the course for the next year or so, Seth became our protector. If any dog would try to bother us, all we had to do was ask Seth for a hand, and he would put himself in between the other dog and us. He never once showed any signs of being aggressive at anything unless we asked him to. Seth would sit on the stool waiting patiently for Kathye to get his food ready.Attached File  seth5.jpg   11.53KB   24 downloads

After he would eat, Seth would lay his head upon the stool to nap. Attached File  seth4.jpg   2.78KB   18 downloads

Seth hated Christmas as he knew mom and dad would be putting them darn antlers on his head.Attached File  seth7.jpg   6.82KB   11 downloadsAttached File  seth8.jpg   6.37KB   12 downloads

Seth was named for my favorite Nascar driver, Matt Kenseth. As you can see the throw behind him is of that driver.Attached File  seth9.jpg   12.8KB   16 downloads

He loved to walk and play. Seth would carry a backpack on our walks, which i thought was terrible. The reason it was terrible is, Seth had to carry the water and poop bags full and empty. What is worse is He wouldn't go to the bathroom on walks, he was to interested in everything else, but he had to carry his sisters poop.Attached File  seth6.jpg   10.76KB   7 downloads

We had a very heartwrenching decision Monday night to make. Seth had developed a bad limp and was having a hard time getting up after laying for a while. We took him to the vet and had him x-rayed only to find out what we already knew, his hip was beyond repair. He had Arthritis in his knees which was making it worse. We already knew from a past visit a year ago that his front shoulder was weak. All this combined left us no choice but to ease his pain.
I have never felt so helpless as I did last night, but I know he is at peace and is pain free now.

Seth run like you always did. It's what you have wanted to do these past few weeks but couldn't.
We Love you and miss you sooo much already.
Kevin, Kathye Chris and the Gang
Attached File  pics_009.jpg   34.19KB   21 downloads

#2 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Seth was a wonderful dog and will greatly be missed.

Larry

Edited by mihalik1413, 31 January 2006 - 12:05 AM.

#3 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

Kathye, Kevin, and Chris my heart goes out to you. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#4 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

Kevin,Kathye,& Chris I'm so sorry for your loss of Seth , there is nothing harder then saying goodbye to the ones we love . You guys are in my thoughts . Kari
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#5 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:28 AM

We will miss you gentle white giant. I remember wondering if you would ever grow into those ears. We will miss you running to greet us, pushing with your nose for attention and a pet on your head. We will miss you running and playing with all dogs big or small, being so gentle as you played. Yes we will miss you, but run and play and frolic pain free gentle giant, and we will see you and pet you on the head as we pass over the bridge. Kevin, Kathye and Chris you did the right thing releasing Seth from his pain.
Our love goes out to you all,
Grandpa & Grandma

#6 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:30 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this...There is nothing harder then saying goodbye to the ones we love, but just remember you made the right choice to relieve Seth's pain. ;)
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#7 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss of the Seth.

Sarah

#8 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

Kevin, Kathye and Chris...
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Seth. Take comfort that he IS running and playing at the bridge, with all the loved ones that have gone before, enjoying his time until you meet up with him again.
I'm kind of in shock, after reading this about Seth. I'm so sad for you and your loss...may you take comfort in all the babies around you while your heart grieves and mends from the pain.
My thoughts and prayers are with you...
~Jenny May~

#9 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

Words mean so little at times like this. Our hearts and thoughts are with you.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#10 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

Kathye, Kevin, and Chris

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Seth lived a great life because of you and your family. Thanks for all that you do to help other dogs and SCD.

Allison

#11 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:20 PM

Kevin, Kathye and Chris,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I loved reading about Seth and watching him grow. I'll miss that.

Take care...you are in our thoughts as you go through this difficult time.

Mandy, Brandon, Katie, Inca, Gunner & Belle
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#12 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:01 PM

Kevin, Kathye, and Chris

I am so sorry to hear about Seth.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#13 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

This we have to believe....we will all meet again at the bridge. He is watching over you. He is the wind in the trees and the shadow in the night. The memory in your heart and the warm first dawn light. He's still with you in everything you do. I wish I could take this pain away but I can't. Love you all. Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#14 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

May you find peace in this difficult time.
Our thoughts are with all of you.

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#15 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear about Seth. His time with you was short, but he learned and taught a great deal about love during that time. Our thoughts are with you.

#16 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

This hit me like a ton of bricks. :clover: I loved watching that little pup with the HUGE ears grow through your updates and pictures. I just can't believe it. I am so sorry for you, Kathye and Kevin, you must feel such a void without him around. Take comfort in knowing that he is out of constant pain and you will meet again one day. ;)
Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#17 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

Kevin, Kathye and Chris -

I know your hearts are heavy, and the void is unbearable without Seth. Making such a decision is always a heartbreaking, gut-wrenching experience. May your hearts and minds find peace knowing that Seth is without pain, running free at the Bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this difficult time.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#18 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

Kevin, Kathye and Chris,

So sorry to hear of your loss of Seth. May you find comfort in knowing that the companionship, comfort, security and love you provided Seth will forever hold a special place in your hearts.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#19 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

Kevin & Kathye,
I am so very sorry to hear about Seth. It sounds like he had an awesome life in the time he had to spend with you. Know that you had made his life complete with your loving hearts and home.
Bless you and your family.

Michelle & Rusty

#20 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

Kevin, Kathye and Chris

We are sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Melissa, Tom, Raz and Kona
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users