110 replies to this topic

#1 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

O.k. we need to get an idea of who is wanting any flowers. We will have them in the lot but if you need special or very large amounts we need to get an idea of how many.

Hanging Baskets will be 15.00----examples: fushcia, petunias, impatients etc..

Flats of annual plants will be 10.00 ----examples: ground cover, pansies, petunias, merrigolds, coxcomb etc...

Flats of perrenials need to be ordered and will be a higher price than the annuals.

Please, place special orders here and also if you are interested in taking a turn to sell at the lot. What days you are available and time. You will be notified as to what do.

Thanks and we hope to see you there!
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#2 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Please do not sign up for a time slot yet. I have asked Arda what times we plan on being open and she has yet to get back with me. Will let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks
Allison

#3 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:54 PM

Cathy,
We will probably be able to be there awhile on sat, but have to play
by ear ( or pregnant female dog ) as it were. as savana will be getting to her
due date that weekend :D
But I know we will want 1 hanging basket & at least 1 flat of annuals.
will ask & see if anyone wants us to get theirs for them :)
Hope the weather is great & get tons of people buying!!! Im still sending/
putting out flyers... :)
Daisy

#4 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:53 PM

I would like 2 flats of bright pink petunias, and two hanging baskets.

As far as scheduling a day, we could probably fill in when other people can't go. Just let us know what days you don't have people available.

Can we sell baked goods too?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

Tonya and I will be going to the nursery to load the truck on Thursday. Then the nursery will be bringing the truck to Tecumseh Friday morning. We will need Allison and tents. Will do some more checking as to times and such today, Gawd I hope. Are the tent hard to put up? or can a pack of girls do it? The Swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#6 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:37 AM

I can't bring flowers over the border, I don't think, so I won't be ordering any. However, if there's a need for people to work the tent/volunteer at Arda's on the Saturday, (the 7th, right?) I'll be willing to do either or. Just someone delegate as to where ya want me, and I'll be there.
Ciao, Ladies!!! :)
~JennyMay~
(oops, AND gents, I should add)

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

Arda,
Are you renting tents? Or buying them? Ive seen the large carport
freestanding types on sale. You could use them to cover over the Kennel
runs for shade/rain after the sale :)
Pep Boys auto supply has a 10'X20' carport canopy for $99 with a 20 rebate
so would be $79 after or a 12 X 12' easy up canopy for 79.00 with $10
rebate...
Daisy

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

OK....a little news.....Need tents set up Thursday afternoon. Friday and Sat we will open about 9 til dusk. Sunday 9 til maybe 5. OK Go For It! The Swamp Start an order sheet. Move It! Move It!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#9 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

I would like two hanging baskets - pink or purple and one flat - pink or purple. I can be there on Friday most of the day if you need me. Sat and Sunday I'm putting on the cinco de mayo festival and parade in southwest detroit. So well be unavailable both days. How many tents do you need ? What size? I may have a scorce.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#10 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

I have two large cover tents that I am bringing. These are like 8 ft tall.

As Arda mentioned before we will be open on Friday and Sat 9 am to 7pm and on Sunday 9am to 5pm.

We will have 2 five hour shift (except on Sunday) and we need 2-3 volunteers for each shift.

Friday

9am - 2pm

2pm-7pm

Sat

9am -2pm

2pm - 7pm

Sunday

9am to 1pm

1pm to 5pm

Please respond here as to what shift you can take. I have a chart that I am filling out and will let everyone know when the shifts are full.

Thanks
Allison :)

#11 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:15 PM

Ella we are getting the flower list ready and just wanted to know if you wanted 1 pink & 1 purple or both the same, the flat did you want mixed pink & purple or all one color to match the baskets? Jane what kind of flowers do you want for the baskets and what color? :) :) :D :D ;) :D :) :D :) Maybe we can get some of Ardas whites to dig the holes to plant the flowers!! :D
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#12 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:23 PM

I'd like mixed petunias in the baskets if they have them. Like pink, purple, red. That kind of mix. If not, I'll just look at what you guys bring in for sale and see if there is something that I like. I'm pretty easy to please because I love most flowers.

Yeah, I could use some help planting. A hole digger would be generously rewarded with some treats! I love those slobbery kissing whites! :)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#13 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Friday

9am - 2pm

2pm-7pm

Sat

9am -2pm

2pm - 7pm - Larry and Jane

Sunday

9am to 1pm

1pm to 5pm

Larry just said he wanted to work these hours, so this is a solid YES for both of us for Saturday.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#14 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

the baskets, I want the same color. the flats can be mixed. I'm easy. :) I
can work on Fri 9:00 - 2:00 If you need me. :D

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#15 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Where is this again? Did we want some of the babies there? I can make Sat or Sun - Allison, let me know what needs to be filled in on one of those days. I can bring Lilly the flower child or Beefcake "the marshmallow in a dobe suit" if dogs were part of the plan.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#16 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

Where is this again?  Did we want some of the babies there?  I can make Sat or Sun - Allison, let me know what needs to be filled in on one of those days.  I can bring Lilly the flower child or Beefcake "the marshmallow in a dobe suit" if dogs were part of the plan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's Allison's original post with the information, Heather.

The Mother's day Fundraiser is May 6th, 7th and 8th. 

I will be setting up a sign up sheet in a week for volunteers to sign up to help work the booth. We will be selling of the flowers, t-shirts, dog baskets, dog bone packs. We will also raffle off a few dog baskets and a dog bed as well.

We will be located in the parking lot of 808 W. Chicago Blvd. Tecumesh, Michigan. Across the street from Subway.

We will be bringing one or two very well behaved Dobes with us in shifts. Please let me know if you want to volunteer your dog as well. Please do not be upset if your dog is not selected. We learned a great deal at the expo about what kind of dog is best in public and how long to let them be with on the "job". It is a lot harder than it sounds. I know out of my two dobes, Bixby could do it and Raven could not.

I ran out of ink Wednesday for my printer and just go some yesterday, so the flyers will be ready today. If you have adobe writer, please let me know. I would like to get this flyer on the website so that you can print out what you want.

Let me know if you have any question.
Allison

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#17 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

Thanks, Jane.

Allison, let me know if you want me to bring a monster mutt. Lilly did the Expo and Beefcake - well, ask Arda, he is just totally laid-back and loves people.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#18 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:51 AM

:) Shucks! I'm gonna miss out on this fundraising event. It' my marathon weekend to work for Oakwood. I hope everyone has a great time and a lot of flowers are sold. :)

Jane - Just wanted to let you know that Cocoa can provide you with any assistance you may need with planting. The little :D has been practicing her digging skills in the backyard.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:18 PM

:) Shucks!  I'm gonna miss out on this fundraising event.  It' my marathon weekend to work for Oakwood.  I hope everyone has a great time and a lot of flowers are sold.  :)

Jane - Just wanted to let you know that Cocoa can provide you with any assistance you may need with planting.  The little :D has been practicing her digging skills in the backyard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't let JennyMay find out you can't make it or you'll be paddling with me in this stupid hand hewn canoe back to the mainland. :D

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#20 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:25 PM

:)
Who, me??
:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users