21 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Belinda & Erick came out yesterday to meet the kids. Their sister in law has a Dobe and they fell in love with him and decided to rescue one! They didn't have a particular dog in mind, so Arda brought out a few to meet them. We all know how hard it is picking just one, so they decided to take two! Sam is a year old red boy. Sam is sweet as can be, but he needs obedience. Then there is Beez. Beez is tiny red girl about 10 or 11 months old. She is a ball of energy! Wild as a deer and cute as a button. These two will sure keep Belinda & Erick busy and entertained!

Congratulations on your new family members! :flower: Thanks so much for opening your homes and hearts to rescue. We hope you have years of joy and love with these two kids. We'd love to see updates as they grow up.

Beez:
Attached File  Bellababy1.jpg   68.03KB   0 downloads

Sam
Attached File  Sam1.jpg   61.63KB   0 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Ken

Ken

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Congratulations on your new forever homes. Don't worry, you'll get Belinda and Erick trained in no time.

#3 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!!!

Oh "happy life" these "reds" will keep you in a laughing mode for
many many years to come. Never a dull moment.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING RESCUE
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#4 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Belinda and Erick will have their hands full! :)
Congratulations to the family. Sam and Beez are beauties!
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#5 Dobes & Feathers

Dobes & Feathers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

:dance: Congratulations! Sam & Beez on your new fur-ever home :wub: .
Double the Dobe,double the fun!
Love the freckles on Beez chest.

Dreams become reality one choice at a time.

S.C.D.'s Rhue ( Little Red Rhuebarb) 2008 or 2009 to March 2021
Forever your paw print in our heart's
S.C.D.'s Darling Darla Blue(LaLa for short)
Our Velcro Love Bug ( approx D.O.B Jan,2004 to June,2011)
& one of the many Queens prior
Autumn ( Black Lab)
Sept 1996 to Feb 2010

#6 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ooooo, they are too cute but their expressions look like they can't wait to get into something! :Tounge: Congratulations on your new additions.

#7 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Congratulation's to all, what fun those two look, and cute as can be.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#8 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wow you guys are my new hero for taking something like this on!! Way to go, obviously we are all here for you if you need help, hints, a place to vent etc :LOL:

#9 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

#10 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Dobie Sunshine, did you mean to make a post here?  It's blank on my end.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#11 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

There will be a post as soon as I can comment on what is happening. I put the period there so I can find this later.

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:45 PM

Letting all of you know that I have come out of hiding.  It's late and the children are all tucked in and if I don't do the same, they will run all over me in the morning.  Celeste was here about 6 and they were all bad as ever.  Then Jill and Linda came in at 8 and they really thought they would make merry of the opportunity.  Bless their little hearts but I won and they are in bed.  Talk to you all soon.  Vet appointments  tomorrow and catch up on a few things.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#13 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Heeyyy. welcome back! We all need updates.

#14 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

They aren't all bad and they aren't all good.

I've connected to Hughes internet.  And in the two weeks I have had them, I've had more internet connection then I have had in several months with Frontier.  Another plus is the Robo calls have stopped.  No more getting calls in the middle of the night or in the middle of my nap time.  I have certainly learned my lesson about donating to some of these causes.  No more.  My cause is the Dobes we try to save.

Now a sad note.  I lost Fat Fay and Evil Eve just before Thanksgiving.  They sure are missed.  No Fay to put Bedlam in her place.  And no more poop to step in in the middle of the night from Eve.  Yes, I can even miss that.  And then the BIGGY BAD.  Chaos has bone cancer.  They are giving him a month and maybe 2.  All of you know that you might as well shoot me.  I just can't imagine life without my best bud.  Bubbles, Hunden Crab, Kimmie and the rest of the crew did a marvelous job training him for me to spoil rotten.  He is my reason for living and all of you know we never get new, unsoiled puppies anymore to raise to be greeters and best friends.  God must really need him badly.

Good news, our 501-C3 has been renewed.  Only took 18+ months, $850, several bottles of antacids, a million prayers, a river of tears, and a nervous breakdown.  But we made it.  Everything is in order.  Thank you God and friends.

The well cover is fixed and I put one of my cement Dobermanns on it so the next fool can see it and not run over it.  Celeste and my masonry wasn't the best and it froze last winter.  I thought "new well" and God said you've had enough.  The top didn't fit tight enough and it froze.  Fixed with spray insulation.  Relief.

Found this marvelous gentleman in Adrian that picked up all the scrap metal from here.  Old wore out kennels, crates, busted old doors, and so one.  Thank you Earl.

Gotta run to Adrian for meds.  I'll tell you about starving Squirt when I get back.

#15 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:04 AM

Arda, nice to see you back. So sorry to read about "Prince Charming".

"Prince Charming", I am so sorry to hear of your illness. You are so so so SPECIAL. I LOVE you so much and your MOMMY just worships you. There will never be another one of you, when GOD made you he threw away the mold. GOD and the ANGELS must be going to need your help, but right now your MOMMY needs your help. I love you, WE ALL LOVE YOU. The ONE and ONLY "PRINCE CHARMING".

PRAYERS to keep you strong, PRAYERS to keep your MOMMY strong and PRAYERS to keep us ALL strong.
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Ah!  Nothing like the aroma of a dog left too long..........  Makes ya wonder why ya come home at all. 

I just stopped at the flower counter at Meijer's to see the Weeping wimp Willow trees.  Honest, I did not go for lunch.  And I didn't even buy one of them.  I just looked at it.                         Boy, do they have me trained...........

#17 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

OMG OMG Arda is back on the site.... Man did we all miss all your antics, and stories.  

Love ya and see ya soon, but not late at night. Ya never know what's going on in the middle 

of the night. Too many thinks happen in the dark... Ha Ha

Hope you enjoyed your late dinner ,or did your little energy bunny get it first.

#18 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

I heated that sucked up and never let the plate leave my hands.  And SHE was locked in a nice safe crate.  Two loaves of bread this week and I was right there.  She is vicious.  Worse than the bread is my nighties that SHE and Dennis play stretch games with.  Jill gave me 4 new ones for my birthday and I'm locking them up til I have one on me. 

#19 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

Gotta tell you about poor ole Squirt.  Celeste took water out to feed him.  When she came back in she was all upset.  Squirt wouldn't talk to her.  She was worried so here I go to check out the other love of my life.  Yes, he's sick or something.  Sat and all the vets are closed.  So I call the Equine vets in Manchester.  $350 for them to come out and look him over.  Their goes the groceries for the month.  But he came.  He was driving up to the Carousel building when I heard him holler "That's the horse?"  As he gets out of the truck almost falling to the ground in laughter,  "This is it?".  YES and he is sick.  He has never missed a pail of food in all his life and he wont even look at it.  So the vet checked his heart and tummy.  Then his mouth.  Almost broke his back bending down that low to examine him.  Then he checked his houses and food and water.  Get this..........the cubes had frozen and he could not get them into his mouth to eat.  So here we are in the middle of the kitchen, breaking up the cubes with a hammer.  Hay dust all over the place.  Looks like we are doing Marijuana all over the kitchen.  Almost two months of breaking up the cubes.  And the poor vet felt so bad for us dummies that he only charged us for the examination.  Yes, there is a God and a 27" horse named Squirt.  All is good.  He survived me.

#20 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hey JackAE, what else did I need to tell everyone?  I know I'm missing something.

Is anyone reading this or am I talking to myself again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users