15 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:58 PM

;) Judy Gould and her husband made the trip in from Bristol Indiana to adopt Commanche today. What a great guy this boy is. Commanche came into Second Chance so underweight, but left very much happy :) and well loved and fed. We all sure will miss having him around. ;) Please keep us updated as he grows, and sending us pictures of this guy.

Attached Files

#2 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Here's a pic from when he came in.

Attached Files

#3 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

Congrats Commanche.
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#4 Judy Gould

Judy Gould

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

Hello everyone the ride home was kinda nice we got to bond with him alittle before we introduced him to the girls. On our way home we decided to stop for a quick burger at McDonalds and Commanche was a sleep on the back seat. We had just pulled in the drive and he sat up and began smelling the air, It was like he knew where he was. As we ordered at the drive thru his tail began to wag, and he was very alert. As we came to the drive up window he seem to know that the food came from the second window, I do beleive he has eaten here several times in his past He knew what McDonalds was. ;) So we got him a plain cheese burger no Bun. He knew it was for him. Upon arriving home Neyaa (our dobie girl) and him hit it right off. They have been together constant, they have even played several times in the dog yard. The two rottie girls did just what we thought "okay your nice now go play" He is a charmer and we are already enjoying him alot! Would like to thank everyone at SCD ! What you are doing is wonderful. It takes special people to do what you do. I am going to donated a bed for your other dobies and I will try to support you as much as I can. I will send picutres regularly and keep you updated on his progress. Thanks again!
A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME WITH OUT A DOBERMAN IN IT
JUDY & ALAN
NEYAA, MIIKA, and LENNY

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you.....
I loved you so --
'twas Heaven here with you."
ABBEY, CHIQUA, AND COMMANCHE

YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

#5 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

Congrats ;) He is a beautiful dog!

Michelle & Rusty

#6 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

Here's a picture I had of Comanche... We are so happy for all of you! can not wait to see the picture of his new family. Thank you for openign your heart and home!

the Gray's

Attached Files

<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

Congrats to Commanche & his new family, thats so
good.... ;) ;)

#8 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:32 PM

Oh, boy it sounds like a match made in heaven! I'm so happy for you all. When you told me today that you had a dobie girl who needed someone to play with I was tickled to death that Comanche would have a special girl in his life. He is such a good dog.

Yes, we want updates and pictures. I want to see the whole family! I want to see his new gal friend! ;)

Thanks for posting so quickly. It's nice to know he enjoyed his ride home with a burger too!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:59 AM

Congratulations!

Hip, Hip, Horray!

Comanche went to his forever home today!!!

;) ;) :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

Congratulations!! He is such a sweet boy!! Sounds like he's very happy!

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#11 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

Good luck! We love updates! Feel free to brag, ask questions, send lots of pictures, etc! ;)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#12 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:12 PM

;) Congratulation Comanche on your new home. and your new girlfriend ;) . We want pictures of your new family

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#13 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

Congrats Commanche and family. My Gosh, the before and after pictures are such a testament to the great care these dogs get at SCD

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#14 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

I can't tell you how relieved I am, and how happy I am for Comanche and his new family. When I first read about how he was found, and looked at his picture, it broke my heart. All I could do was shake my head at the cruelty he endured.

But now, the pictures have a different feel - one of joy and happiness. May he have many more McDonald's ;)

Please keep the updates and photos coming.

Sincerely,

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#15 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:51 AM

This is such a great way to start a week with a story like this. Again, when I see a dog in the shape he was in and what Arda and the volunteers and the dog himself do to get better is just so amazing. You guys got a wonderful boy and Commanche got a wonderful home. What could be better. Congratulations to all!!

#16 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

It was so nice to be at Second Chance Sat. when Commanche was being adpoted--such an exciting time. Sounds like he is in doggy heaven! Congratualations and the best of luck, Larissa, Anthony and Heather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users