69 replies to this topic

#21 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

No problem Kevin. Jen and I need to learn the ropes and what better mentor than Arda herself! ;)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#22 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

All of you guys going out on Saturday are the best! I'm really proud to know you.

;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#23 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

I can come out Sat. I was waiting to talk to Ron and he said go and have a good time. so I'll be there. ;)
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#24 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:56 PM

Especially with so many of them being males.(Not that there is anything wrong with males).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, the stories....... ;)

Poor Arda, overrun by males...... ;)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#25 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:03 PM

Thanks, Kev! Appreciate it!
Hope you guys have a good time on Saturday!

#26 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:19 PM

Oh my GAWD!!! It's actually supposed to be SUNNY on Saturday!!! I can't believe it...a sunny day to volunteer??? What IS going on?? HAHAHA

#27 Guest_cookie_*

Guest_cookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

Well, garsh darnit! I'd love to come out and help too, but the hub's got claim
of the vehicle...AGAIN. He's got band practice Saturday. ;)

But I'm definitely there for the 23rd, though!

cookie

#28 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

If someone has a camera, could you please take it with you in case a adopter shows up? I will have mine in Livonia at Dr. Karens. We have two families meeting us there to look at the pups!!!
Kevin

#29 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

I can bring mine, although it's not a digital, Kev...
IF that works for ya...it takes nice pics, though, would just have to get the pics to you to download
~Jen~

#30 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'm going to bring mine out also. It's not a digital either.

-Josh Billings

#31 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

That's fine Jennymay and Ella. Whatever pics you take we can post them later.
Thank You,
Kevin

#32 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

I'm bringing a camera also - not a digital, just a cheap disposable. I keep saying I'm gonna get one. This is where the second job comes in handy but too bad I owe the IRS money. ;) Otherwise, I could have bought me a real nice one!

Sounds like between the three of us, we'll be able to get plenty of pictures! ;) I already started taking some this afternoon so finishing the roll tomorrow shouldn't be a problem. If we have adopters :), I can have the pics developed later in the evening.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#33 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

Wish I could join all of you on Saturday, but I have a long-standing appointment with my CPA. The government has to get its pound of flesh, you know.

However, I hope to see you on the 23rd.

Let's hope some adopters come out. Should be a great weekend weatherwise. Plus, the mud is FINALLY drying up, so those of you without 4-wheelers should be able to navigate the driveway without incident ;)

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#34 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Oh that sounds real promising. I have a mini van do you think I'll have problems
Ella

-Josh Billings

#35 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

Ella, I was fine last weekend when I went out there, and I have a van...just take your time driving up, and you should be ok. I ended up parking on the grass, only 1/2 way up the driveway on the left hand side, closer to the pond. (Hope Arda doesn't mind me parking like that, as I did last week!!! EEK!)
Anyhoo, i got in and out just fine...

#36 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Okay thanks, See you tomorrow

Ella

-Josh Billings

#37 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:24 PM

Well today was an awesome day! The weather was perfect and I never enjoyed scooping poop so much in my life! :D I got to meet Susan, Larissa, her mom Heather and Ella's Princess! I spent the majority of my day scooping poop. I just about found myself on Mathews Hwy! Unbeknownst to me, Jen and Ella were laughing their tails off! :)

-Arda Barber

#38 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

You were busting butt, honey...that's for sure!
I think we saw ALL of Matthews highway, I KILLED my van battery at Arda's, had to have Arda boost my battery, or else Cheryl, Brody and I woulda been sleeping in the kennels...I went through MORE detours today in and around Detroit from the tunnel, than I have my entire life, and miraculously STILL found my way to Cheryl's, then the swamp. Got to meet Ella and Princess, who is just BEAUTIFUL, by the way...what a sweetheart, that Princess. Saw, first hand, the tremendous amount of work that goes into SCD everyday, and it opened my eyes WIDE. Arda, my hat is off to you, and what you do on a daily basis. God Bless you for doing it!
Over all, had a great day, I, so far, have enjoyed every minute that I have spent at SCD, and can't wait until next time I'm able to get there!!
Cheryl, always a pleasure to car-pool with you out there!

~Jen~

#39 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping Arda out today. It's nice to know that others will help when its needed.
Cheryl does this look slightly familar?
Posted Image

You are all:
Posted Image

Kevin & Kathye

#40 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

You guys are the angels...
Wish I could get out there more, to be able to DO more for SCD. You guys, and Arda, and the volunteers that are there every weekend, are the angels...
I just wanna try to cover the sick and personal days for ya, and some more, when I can!
~Jen~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users