66 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Corey and Katie came out to meet some of the kids today. They brought their little dog, Thumper, to help pick out a new playmate. Ruggins made a nice match, and the lucky boy is of to a home of his own. Ruggins isn't quite a year old yet, really he's just a baby. He's a sweet little guy and we are so happy for him! Poor Ruggins was living outside before he came to Arda. We know he is going to love being part of a family. Congratulations on your newest family member! We hope you have years of joy and laughter with Ruggins.

Thank you for honoring the love you shared with Gracie by opening your home and hearts to another Dobe in need. It is a beautiful way to pay homage to her memory. I'll bet she is bragging at the bridge about her Mom & Dad's big hearts.

Attached File  Ruggins3.jpg   63.04KB   4 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Congratulations--what a cutie he is!

#3 ksikes02

ksikes02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thank you! We are home now and relaxing. Ruggins has met the two resident cats, and he does very well with them. If he senses that they are getting tired of him sniffing them he just walks away. He does know what no means, and when he is doing something he shouldn't be doing we tell him no and he stops and walks away. He is a calm boy, and seems to like to nap. He just lays in the middle of the living room and naps whenever he feels like it.

He is such a good boy already!

Thank you again.
Katie

Attached Files

Edited by ksikes02, 14 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thumper will come around and allow Ruggins to have a little place to sleep. Thanks so much for talking dog with me today. And a big thanks for the bag of food for my orphans. Gracie is smiling down on you tonight. Not for filling her hole but for giving another unwanted Dobe a home. Thank you so much. It was a real pleasure.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#5 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

He is so darn cute! Congratulations to the whole family. :)
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#6 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

Congratulations on your adoption of Ruggins! I love how dobermans are protective of what they perceive as their pack.....whether it be a cat or fluffy little dog :Tounge:
He must be comfortable in his new home if he just plops down in the middle of a room to snooze. Please share more pics!!
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#7 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

What a cute pic of him and kitty sniffing noses. :D

SCD's Stone Soup

#8 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Congratulations on adopting Ruggins. I know you are going to fall completely in love with this boy, he is a very easy dog to love. I hope you have many happy and healthy years with him. Thank you for the update and the pictures, please keep us updated in the future.

#9 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Congratulation's to Ruggins and his new family, looks perfect, keep the updates coming.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#10 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

What a handsome boy you added to your family. Congratulations.

#11 Csikes

Csikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Just a quick update.
Ruggins has "stress colitis"? from what the vet told Katie. Got him some pills and should be all good. He has been having an upset tummy since we got him, so we just had to double check with our vet. He is all good though, or will be. Vet says he is kind of a clueless puppy, that is after Ruggins hit the door while moving around greeting all the vet techs; Katie says he was teasing. I guess he just doesn't realize his dimensions or have good spatial awareness just yet because he does bump things from time to time. But he is a happy one. Vet says he is all good and in good health
We will be getting him started on training soon. In the meantime we have been working with him in the back yard on things that we know from when Gracie was going through training. Doing really well on the sit, stay, free types of things.

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

From the condition his coat was in when I brought him home, I really believe that he had been kept in a small kennel in the yard and not in a home. His legs hadn't develop the way they should have. No where near enough exercise for the big boy he is. And the faded coat like he'd been in the sun too long. I hope his brain finds his size so he knows where he is going.

#13 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

My little Sully was like a clueless Ruggins too:) She was kenneled from 8am to 6pm every day and at nite:( She is now very aware of her size and capabilities....She was very deconditioned as well with no muscle mass at all. Give Ruggins some time....he'll figure himself out after a few bumps and bruises :He He:
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#14 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have another one in the house that has a coat that's a mess and I swear he doesn't know up from down. Leaps around like an idiot and on whoever is in the way. Crashes into the door casings going in and out. Just hope he figures it all out before he runs over me.
Ruggins was precious to me. I really like him. He has lost out on so much. Give him a big hug from me.

#15 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

Congrats, sounds like you both scored big!!!

#16 Csikes

Csikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

We just wanted to give a quick update. We changed Ruggins name to Ruckus as it suits him quite well. He has been doing very good and has really attached himself to Katie. I think since we got him he has filled out a bit more. He still needs to learn a few things yet like when enough is enough while playing with the smaller animals, sometimes he forgets his size. But that's ok because Thumper our small dog thinks he is the size of Ruckus.Ruckus loves the kids around the neighborhood and as met a few new dogs close by.

Even though we still have a void from Gracie, Ruckus has helped with the healing and is drawing our attention in a different manner. We can't wait for the holidays as we tend to celebrate with our animals as we have no children. I'm sure Ruckus will love heading out to the pumpkin patch and passing out candy to all the trick or treaters. It should be a great time.

Thanks everyone for letting me share.

Attached Files

#17 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Thank you for the update, love your pictures, you share with
us anytime you want.

Updates on our dogs mean alot, we like to hear how they are doing.
When they find "GOOD LOVING HOMES" our hearts sing, these make
rescue so worthwhile and the NEW BEGINNINGS help ease pain that
we may have had along the way, so you share whenever you want.

WE LOVE UPDATES and PICTURES.
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#18 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for update and picture's, sounds like things are going well, love the name change to Ruckus too:-)
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#19 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Ruckus looks great! We'd love to see some pictures of him in the pumpkin patch. We'd love a shot of him for this year's calendar too!

SCD's Stone Soup

#20 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ha he looks great! Thanks for the update, glad things are going great, give him a big hug and a nice treat from all of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users