27 replies to this topic

#1 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

This is very difficult to write as many have done before me.
Drake passed today, he also had Wobblers as some other's before him.

He was hands-down the MOST loving dog I have ever had in my life. Trying to please and love every second of every day. So different then My Tessa.
I knew the time had come when I had to carry him in from the yard he couldn't make it back into the house. He had lost his desire to eat and drink.
I kissed his nose and looked him in the eyes and told him over and over how much I loved him.
He is running free right now!!!!! I miss him so very much already.
It has been a rough day, my uncle was buried an hour after I lost Drake, Heaven gained two great beings.
I have to tell you this; My uncle MIke died and his funeral was today. He had a dog named Gunner who is about 4 years old. Mike loved his dog Gunner and in the obits it states how he loved to ride in his '72 camaro with his dog Gunner. Gunner was too young to go, But I think God chose Drake to be with him. They both died peacefully and I am sure are together right now. He is taking care of MY DOG, and in return I will visit his.........If they are at peace with our lord, how can I not be at peace?
I am trying hard to be very thankful to God for choosing us to have Drake;even for such a short time. 2 1/2 years.
He came to us in an odd way and we never planned on keeping him. I remember telling Arda we had to take him back home...lol......no one was very surprised, my husband couldn't leave him.

Bless you all (and I do mean ALL),
Melissa

#2 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Melissa, I am so very sorry, it seems as though sorry is all that is being said these last
months. It is just so hard, you lost Drake and you lost another. I wish I knew
what I could say to ease your pain, all I know is I am sorry.

My heart, prayers and thoughts are with you. God will help you thru it
if he brings us to it he brings us thru it, like Footprints in the Sand.
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#3 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

Nancy, Footprints is my fave, how wonderful you said that! Thank you, and Sorry is enough, it shows compassion for another person. Thank you.

#4 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

So very sorry to hear about your beautiful dog. How lucky we are to have them for the time that we have them with all their wonderful individual personalities. I hope you have peace. :angry:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#5 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

Very sorry to hear all this bad news. As if one thing wasn't enough. I'm sorry for your great losses.

#6 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Thanks you three!! I tell you, one day I'm going to come on here and have some GOOD NEWS!!! But until April I won't have anything good to say, I don't think. April we find out if Rachael has to go through the same horrific surgery that Haley just went through in July. WEll wait, we do have 20 baby goats.......that's good news;all healthy!
Thanks for your sympathy's, they are much appreciated. I always know I can count on you all for support, and laughs. I loved Drake. We all did. After what Haley went through I really have found a renewed confidence in God. It's helped me through alot lately. So, I know Drake is in heaven being petted and playing and running........that's all I want for him. Peace and fun.
Melissa

#7 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thanks you three!! I tell you, one day I'm going to come on here and have some GOOD NEWS!!! But until April I won't have anything good to say, I don't think. April we find out if Rachael has to go through the same horrific surgery that Haley just went through in July. WEll wait, we do have 20 baby goats.......that's good news;all healthy!
Thanks for your sympathy's, they are much appreciated. I always know I can count on you all for support, and laughs. I loved Drake. We all did. After what Haley went through I really have found a renewed confidence in God. It's helped me through alot lately. So, I know Drake is in heaven being petted and playing and running........that's all I want for him. Peace and fun.
Melissa

He is with my "Beautiful Red Boy Hunter" they are pain free and running free, Melissa
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#8 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:12 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss of Drake. Your time with him was so short. Thank you for giving him such a wonderful, loving home. Run free Drake.

My condolences to your family for the loss of your Uncle Mike, too.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#9 dcarl47312

dcarl47312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

I'm so sorry,why does it seem sometimes painful things happen in clusters? I am so glad to read you're finding comfort in your faith.I've also chosen to be thankful for the time God's given me with my beloved lost furkids rather than to be bitter over him taking them home.I'll be praying for peace for you in this holiday season!!, Don

#10 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

Heaven sure is gaining alot of angels lately!!! Know they are in good company and we will see them again one day!!! Hugs for you and your family, Melissa!!! You're in our prayers!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#11 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy, Drake, and your Uncle Mike, who sounds like he was a great guy. I wish there were some words I could say that would make this better for you, but I know that losing our loved ones is one of the most difficult things we go through in our lives. You are in my thoughts, and I hope your happy memories of these two souls will help to heal your pain.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#12 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:28 AM

Melissa,
I am so sorry to hear of your losses of Uncle Mike & Drake. I know how much you love all your furkids and family. I can only imagine the loss & grief in your heart. As someone else replied, I am glad you have God in your heart to help see you through this difficult time.

Blessing on you & your family,

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

#13 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

I am so sorry for your two losses, both were very special. Hugs sent your way.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#14 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Melissa, I am so sorry.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#15 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

Melissa
I am so sorry for your losses. You are in my thoughts and prayers
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#16 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

Im so sorry for your loss of Drake, he sounds like a great dog.... but all dobies are!! Its so hard to lose them...
sharen

#17 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Melissa,

I just read this--I'm so sorry. I pray with time your heart will heal & you can remember both of your loves with more smiles than tears. Hang on to your faith, sometimes that's all that keeps me going. I'll keep your daughters & you in my prayers.

P.S. I've missed your posts.

#18 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope your daugter is doing better, and we will keep praying for your other daughter too. She must be pretty scared, I would be. My condolences to your family as well. It is very hard to lose someone at the Holidays. It is always hard, but the Holidays seem to remind you more. Keep praying and we will keep praying with you! :angry:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#19 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Melissa -

I am so sorry for your pain and anguish due to the loss of not only Drake, but Uncle Mike, as well. Then on top of that, the worry over your daughters. I remember reading your posts earlier this year about Haley's ordeal. All of this takes a huge toll on you. Remember, you can't take care of anyone else unless you take care of yourself. I hope it's some comfort knowing that Drake and Uncle Mike are together. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#20 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

Today brought many tears. But coming back here to reconnect with some of you have absolutely made me smile. I am glad to know that there are places to go sometimes just to talk and real people who care and respond. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your sympathies.
Pam, I also miss posting, someday My time will allow it! I miss all of you too.
Thanks for the kind words to you all,
Melissa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users