30 replies to this topic

#21 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, although it was the right time as you knew. Today as I was cleaning, I came across papers from when I had my Brandy cremated. I found they had included a small half a heart charm in the envelope, with the other half in the box with Brandy. The pain was as sharp as the day she died. It is such a hard thing to lose your heart's friend. I'll be thinking about you. :angry:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#22 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:05 AM

Ella,
I'm so very sorry to read this news.....perhaps Princess' gift to you was to let you know she'd be at peace this Christmas. I try to stay outta this section of the forum (because I cry continuously while reading the posts) but when I saw a post about Princess I just had to share my condolences. Your love for each other has been very clear.....even to this lady who only knows you thru the board. I'm just so very sorry....

Hugs,
Jodi

#23 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

Ella,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious baby. Princess was a special girl to all of us. It was obvious the deep bond you shared with her. She was so happy with you and together you shared so many wonderful memories. I hope that you will be able to find peace in knowing that you gave her the best life ever with lots of love and affection. You treated her like royalty, the way a true Princess should be treated.

Love ya,

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#24 MarlysMom

MarlysMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

Ella,
I am so very sorry to hear about Princess, she was loved and had a great life with you, please try to find some comfort in that; she is not in any more pain.

#25 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone
It still hurts a lot. I just got a call to go and pick her ashes up and everything started up again. I know it will get better but right now it is still to raw. I'm just glad that there is the board that I can come to. Love you all.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#26 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Yes I remember when everything was in slow motion, things didn't smell or taste right, the silence was deafening........but it does get better, I can think back and smile, like there was a secret that only we knew. Hang in there.

#27 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

Ella... I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Sleep softly Princess.

Cathie
Zeus - SCD Reigning Thunder, WAC, TT
Belle the Princess Cat
Casey - CTS Callisto's Eclipse, CGC, WAC, TT (05/14/96 - 02/15/07)

"Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs." - Martha Scott

#28 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

I'm sorry to read of your loss, Ella.
I didn't know your Princess, but I've seen pictures. I always thought she was aptly named. :angry:
My heart aches for you. I'm so sorry.

I have my Mariahs' ashes in a wooden box with her picture on it.
I have doberman statues, and pictures of her on a shelf/shrine with it.
Blessings to you, and your Princess.
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#29 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Ella, I remember when I first met you and Princess. I was so impressed how Princess reflected your kindness and patience. What a special relationship. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

#30 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

Ella my thoughts go out to you and Princess. I am truly sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Princess.

#31 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Ella,
I was so sorry to read this thread. My heart breaks for you and the pain you must be feeling in the loss of your beloved Princess. Know our prayers and warm hugs are being sent your way.

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

0 user(s) are reading this topic