41 replies to this topic

#1 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Santa Claus :cat: and his elves :mellow: took a break from their workshop at the Posted Image to make a special delivery today.

Attached File  Santa_1.jpg   38.74KB   48 downloads Santa arrives at the Swamp.

Attached File  Santa_2.jpg   39.41KB   53 downloads "By golly, there really is a Santa Claus!"

Attached File  santa_3.jpg   35.95KB   51 downloads "You've been a good girl, right?"

Attached File  Santa_4.jpg   38.2KB   64 downloads "Myyyyyyyyyyyyy quilt!!!"

Attached File  Santa_5.jpg   33.65KB   45 downloads "I can't believe this!"

Attached File  Santa_6.jpg   34.94KB   46 downloads Still in disbelief.

Attached File  Santa_7.jpg   24.48KB   57 downloads "Mine, all mine!"

Attached File  Santa_8.jpg   30.51KB   46 downloads "WOW!" "This is really something."

Attached File  Santa_9.jpg   23.83KB   38 downloads In awe at the beauty of this quilt.

Attached File  Santa_10.jpg   28.25KB   39 downloads A very happy Swamp Mama.

Attached File  Santa_11.jpg   27KB   49 downloads Swamp Mama getting choked up.

Attached File  Santa_13.jpg   24.82KB   35 downloads Arda thanks Santa for his visit and wishes him a safe trip back to the North Pole.

Posted Image

Edited by CAB, 18 December 2005 - 10:48 PM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#2 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

Thanks Cheryl!! :mellow:

Yes, I guess there really is a :cat: !
Way to go Joni!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#3 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

THIS was worth missing church over, hee...it was LOTS of God and it was LOTS of awesome! Arda, you deserve not only the quilt, but some time in a nice warm "jacuzzi" to enjoy gazing at...AFTER BEING THERE TODAY and using some parts that don't usually get used I admire you even more (didn't think I could admire you more than I already do, but I do!) SO happy for you!!!
Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#4 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

Great photos Cheryl!!! You did a wonderful job of capturing the special moments. Thank you to Joni for coordinating this and making it all possible and thank you to Santa for making a special early trip to Clinton. It was wonderful to be there at this special event!
It was nice to meet you Suzi and Frank!

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:57 AM

How does a person say "Thank you" and make everyone involved know that you mean (Bill Board size) THANK YOU. How does a person with nothing end up a billionaire. How does a person go through all they have gone through in the last ten years and end up so rich in friends. I was so greedy to want that quilt so badly and yet I knew it must be going to a person who really deserved and needed it more than me. Then I slapped myself back to knowing that I could still throw my $300 into the pot for the dogs and that all that money would cover the heat and medicals for some more dogs coming in and the quilt would have a great home with someone that really wanted it. "A Welch Corgi and a Malmute"...... And there was Santa, standing in my poop infested drive and beckoning ME(a Jew) into his arms. I was 8 years old for a moment. It was really Santa! REALLY SANTA! He looked just like every card I ever saw. A real Santa! I could hardly move. My heart pounded in my chest. It was like no feeling I have ever had before. I think I was about to pass out and I looked behind me and there you all were and I knew I couldn't pass out cause the dogs would eat me and you might see that I'm a human being under it all. I touched that bag and instantly knew that "The Quilt" was in it. The coveted quilt was in the bag. Oh My God. The Quilt made it's way to me. The eight year old kid with a dream.......As I crawled into bed last night, I rolled up in the quilt. It was a full bed. I was covered with with a piece of art made of fabric, thread, talent, love and a whole mess of greater than great friends. And in little bitie letters, Thank you. A kid named Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#6 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:00 AM

It was very nice meeting you as too Heather, AND your lovely family, to include of course your new Dobey girl. "Merry Christmas to you and yours!"
Godspeed,
Suzi

Posted Image
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#7 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:29 AM

Arda, the look on your sweet face was what has come to make Christmas this year VERY special to me...what a blessing it is to feel that the tiniest joy in someone's heart is such a simple step away. Thank you for allowing me to take that step with all the other SCD family in bringing you a little joy...you are so very deserving.
By the way, my Jesus was a Jew and so are some of my dearest friends...you are such a friend Arda! Happier days ahead for you and the Furkids, I pray!
Love,
Suzi (Randy) and AbbeyGirl

#8 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

arda the quilt was just a little reminder of how much you mean to all of us, all the money was actually from the dobbies, they saved all the rawhides and treats over the summer that u gave them all and we cashed them in, they are the ones who really wanted to say thank you for the home and heart u have shown them when no one else wanted to give them a second chance at life, so from all the dobbies, past and present ( thanks swamp momma)

#9 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image I almost had me a quilt.. But now its home.. Tom & Bonnie

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:10 PM

FOTFL

You are a good sport, twodognite!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#11 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

To all from our house:

Posted Image

Edited by twodognite, 19 December 2005 - 04:18 PM.

#12 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

Thanks Cheryl!

It's great to be able to see Arda get the quilt. Wish we could have been there to see it in person.

John and Lori

Edited by bumpster, 19 December 2005 - 07:50 PM.

You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#13 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Lori
That quilt was beautiful. You do fantastic work. The workmanship was excellent. Do you make them to sell as a job? You should, you could make a fortune.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#14 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:26 AM

Lori,
I think you should hold a clinic out at SCD in the spring/summer on HOW to make a quilt.
That quilt is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Just amazing. I'd LOVE to be able to create something like that. :mellow:

See, then we could charge people like $10 to however much to attend the clinic, then part of the proceeds could go to SCD....Oh wait, I'm thinking out loud again, aren't I....I GOTTA stop doing that... :cat:

#15 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:27 AM

Lori,
I think you should hold a clinic out at SCD in the spring/summer on HOW to make a quilt.
That quilt is just BEAUTIFUL!!!  Just amazing.  I'd LOVE to be able to create something like that.  :mellow:

See, then we could charge people like $10 to however much to attend the clinic, then part of the proceeds could go00t: to SCD...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and then we could all fight over the quilt Lorie makes while she is showing us... :cat:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#16 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

We'll all be envious of what WE'RE trying to do, versus what Lori is just whipping up...
I'll let Kizzy attend on my behalf. She is VERY talented at Comforter/quilt art work. Although she doesn't realize that we use them to WARM ourselves, not AIR CONDITIONER us....via the holes...

#17 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

Yes, I guess there really is a :mellow: !
Way to go Joni!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and everyone else!!! WE REALLY PULLED IT OFF!!! I am still grinning at that fact alone!!! :cat: :( :(

Thank you everyone!!! We had a lot of people in on this and it can be tough to keep that secret!!! Also we raised about $925!!! by the time the totals are in... We still have a few funds to collect but those will be forwarded to Arda as they are collected...

For those who weren't able to be there the inside of the card read...

"For if you give, you will get!

Your fit will return to you in full and overlowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over.

Whatever measure you use to give -- large or small -- will be used to measure what is given back to you."
Luke 6:38 TLB

Edited by jmnodwell, 20 December 2005 - 11:26 AM.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#18 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

You don't know, however, that Santa made a second visit to the Swamp on Sunday... He had another "public" appearance that afternoon... and you may not know that he will not accept any gratuity for his public appearances... he usually requests that the group donate whatever they would have "paid" him to a charitable organization... this year we received the $100 check that the group wrote... Yes, I did get her to cry a second time that day. :mellow:

THANK YOU SANTA AND EXCHANGE CLUB OF DEARBORN!!! The money will be well spent on our wonderful dober-kids in need!!!

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#19 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

Santa Claus  :cat: and his elves  :mellow: took a break from their workshop at the Posted Image to make a special delivery today.   

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kari!!! Draeko took offense at the "man in red" however so watch him on Christmas Eve or you may end up with only coal in your stocking!!!

He barked and barked and barked at Santa as we were waiting for Arda to come up the hill...

Joni

#20 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:30 AM

Santa in his "element"...

Attached Files

Joni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users