• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shedevil

shedevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

to host a charity agility/obidence trail, charge $10 -15 per entery, the fees for SCD. You could sell Food, water, SCD stuff, run adopition. What do you all think>
Jack Knox said “if he wants to reward his dog for a job well done he gives the dog more work
to do.”

#2 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

Doberman club puts on a show or two a year and Daisy can tell you how much work they can be... not to mention getting the location, etc... and having enough people to work it...

could be too much work for the relatively small volunteer pool we have...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#3 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Joni is right, we just put on a Dobe speciality show
& ended up losing money after all the layout of expences..
We hold a temperment test or conformation/obed/rally/cgc
match each yr. It is $90 just to rent the park area, plus equipment,
tester,judges,trophys,ribbons, food... Some times it can be hard to
break even...

:thumbsup:

#4 shedevil

shedevil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

I did not think it needed to be for JUST Dobe's. I work/vol. for alot of shows/trials if we opened it up to all breeds and not just purebreeds for FUN, I think people that have been doing agility with their dogs would come out and support a good cause. I mean I have done that with my non-purebreed. I have most AKC spec. equip. in my yard for Frosty to practice on. If it is done in the Spring or Fall then I would have ALL of the equip. for Forsty to work on. So equipment would not be issue, place to hold it.... if every body will support it, I can look harder for it,

People that have well behaved dogs at home might trott them out as well for a good cause. One has to remember that it is done in FUN for a good CAUSE,

Jeanette
Jack Knox said “if he wants to reward his dog for a job well done he gives the dog more work
to do.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users