68 replies to this topic

#41 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Good news that Bella is home healing. Hoping you both have a speedy recovery.

Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#42 VHajjar

VHajjar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Bella continues to be a great patient. She is enjoying her canned food laced with pain meds and has finally mastered drinking from her water bowl though her big cone head. Staples look terribly painful compared to my baby stitches, but she is leaving them alone and all on the outside looks to be healing very well. All body systems are functioning (yeah!) and I am pleased that, for now, she is content with lots of short walks and rest. Temps in the 50s next week- may be tough to keep her tethered when that arrives! So grateful for a close-to-home and highly skilled veterinary staff when we needed them most.

#43 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'm so glad to hear some good news.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#44 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

I am so happy to hear that you are both on the mend.  What a scare for you.  May you both heal quickly and completely.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#45 VHajjar

VHajjar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

10 days post op and Bella is allowed off leash. And she couldn't be happier. No running yet- but I don't have to tell her that. She's just happy for a 60 degree day and some lingering snow on the back porch for snacking. Though it is tough to reach with that big cone still on.Attached File  image.jpg   104.19KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   140.13KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   161.98KB   0 downloads

#46 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Great pics of the poor baby.  Saw a sign outside a vet's office the other day that said "It's all fun & games till someone goes home with a cone."  Kind of appropriate for her.

#47 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Awwww.... Baby doll!  That cone looks good on you.  Get well quick!

Peanut says hello.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#48 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Heal quick - both of you!

#49 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Ahh the cone of shame, I've never known one to like wearing it.

#50 VHajjar

VHajjar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

We haven't checked in for a while... Here are our sweet girls soaking in the last little bit of sunshine left on the porch this afternoon. It's almost time to stay inside and hide from the cold! Everyone is doing well :-) These sweet ladies are so wonderfully protective of their kids and have really taken to a few friends and family members that visit often. We are so grateful that they have decided that they love it here- because we sure love them.Attached File  image.jpeg   174.98KB   1 downloads

#51 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

What a great update on the girls. Love the picture of them soaking up the sun.

Thanks for giving them their forever home. :hug:

#52 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

Love, love, love these kinds of updates!  Thank you so much for giving such a wonderful home to those two beautiful ladies.  :)

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#53 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

So many of the updates are that their Dobes have passed.  This feels so great that they are alive and making your family happy.  Thank you so very much.  Hugs to the furry family members.

#54 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

Glad to hear that Mya and Bella are doing good. It's funny how dobes will find the smallest spot of sunshine to lay in. Give the fur kids a hug from us. 

#55 VHajjar

VHajjar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:27 PM

Sad news for Mya- we have been battling a pretty severe onset of Wobblers for a month now and she is not responding to treatment at all. After 3.5 weeks of steroids and pain meds, her pain seems to be worsening and pain medication is effective for shorter periods of time every few days. It breaks my heart to see her in this much pain. I am encouraged by so many of you that have shared your struggles with the same on here. She is not considered a candidate for surgery, so we are enjoying what will likely be our final week with this wonderful sweet and loving girl. Thanks for your prayers.

#56 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Oh, no, that is very sad news.  I'm so sorry to hear about the physical pain that Mya is going through, and in turn, the heartbreaking emotional pain you two are feeling in watching what is happening to her.  It sounds like she is getting excellent veterinary care, and of course the very best love and support at home.  I hope you can all spend a bit more quality time together before it is time to release her.  You are all in my thoughts...... :Rose:

Edited by Cheri, 11 February 2016 - 08:58 AM.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#57 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

I am so sorry you and Mya are dealing with this. It's so hard to see them fading. My heart goes out to you. Prayers and hugs.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#58 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

I'm so sorry to read this. My last boy had Wobbler's & it's such a nasty disease. Soak up all the love you can--you're both in my prayers.

#59 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

We are here for you.  Hugs to Mya.

#60 VHajjar

VHajjar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

Thanks all! Soaking up the love today- even our favorite ups driver came in to say goodbye.
One of my favorite pics from the day Mya dug up my garden and tried to deny it!Attached File  image.jpeg   104.88KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   111.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   174.91KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users