16 replies to this topic

#1 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:56 AM

Training Classes.... For you to go w/ your dog.....
It's fun to train & there are many good places that will help you train
your dog... Im sure most of them can help people with many of the issues
that can come up with their furkids..
1.Training Place
Superpetz- Ford rd westland
810 955-4148
www.traingplace.net
2.Gone to the Dogs- novi
248 347-9081
3.Great Lakes K-9 port huron
810 987-5770
4.Stony Creek canine- Romeo
586 752-3976
5.Dobe Club of Detroit - Livonia
held at belle creek kennels
734 475-8877 cheryl hassett
6.Canine Community Center- Warren
586 758-0440
7.Sportsmans Dog training - ferndale
1-888- 637-9595
248 546-5862
8.Trainers Academy- troy,rochester,roch hills
248 616-6500
9.Arbor Roads training center - Ann arbor
734 662-6518
They help train you/dog for formal obedience, rally, agility ect too, if thats
what you want...
There are more, but these are the ones I have...
Good Luck & have fun with your dog... ;)

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:02 AM

Here's another one.... ;)

DGS Dog Training and Agility Club, Inc. (Farmington, MI)
For information on Dog Training Classes and/or Fun Matches call or e-mail us:

Bob Tatus, President/Webmaster: 248-255-2111 (rjtinbc@aol.com)

Georgette Holst, Vice President: 313-537-1859 (rumergsd@sbcglobal.net)

http://www.dgsdogtraining.com
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:33 AM

How about training classes "up North"? Anyone? I live in West Branch. I can't find anything. I am thinking about calling the Saginaw Valley Kennel Club. Anyone know anything about them?

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#4 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

Sorry cant help you there ;) When I started looking for a place to do training with Dakota here in SD. I had my husband ask the lady that shows her dogs that he works with and thats who hooked me up with the Rapid City Kennel Club here. So if you cant find anyone call them and ask if they know. ;)
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#5 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

How about training classes "up North"?? Anyone?? I live in West Branch.? I can't find anything.? I am thinking about calling the Saginaw Valley Kennel Club.? Anyone know anything about them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Heather,

I did a little research online and found out that there is a dog show in Birch Run on April 9 at the Birch Run Expo. The type of event is AB/O/JSHW. That's All Breed, Obdience, and Junior Showmanship! ;)

For more info regarding this show, view the website below. There are a few contacts listed (i.e., Chairman, President) who may be able to advise you or at least point you in the right direction. Or, if you can get to the show, you may be able to get some information regarding training classes there. I hope this information is helpful. ;)

Cheryl

http://www.infodog.c.../2005042201.htm
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#6 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

Hi Heather, I live in Saginaw and I don't know anything about the SVKC. That's pathetic. I know in years pass that I contacted them about something, but I don't remember how I found them. I will see what I can find out and let you know. mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#7 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:52 AM

Hi Heather,  I live in Saginaw and I don't know anything about the SVKC.  That's pathetic.  I know in years pass that I contacted them about something, but I don't remember how I found them.  I will see what I can find out and let you know.      mary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking of taking my daughter and going to their dog show this weekend. She wanted to go to the one in Detroit but it was her dad's weekend and he wouldn't trade.

Are you going to Arda's this weekend?

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#8 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

Also in the metro area is Serendipity Dog Training which is run by Maggie Ouillette. She will come to your home and work with you and your dog...

Serendipity Dog Training

She has taught for the Michigan Humane Society for years and has now started her own business. Skitter and Bella can attest to how wonderful she is as she is also our Dog Scout Troop ScoutMaster!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#9 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:24 AM

I was thinking of taking my daughter and going to their dog show this weekend.  She wanted to go to the one in Detroit but it was her dad's weekend and he wouldn't trade.

Are you going to Arda's this weekend?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on-call this weekend but I do plan on going on the 23rd of April if all goes well.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:56 AM

[quote name='oreo5129' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:24 AM']
I'm on-call this weekend but I do plan on going on the 23rd of April if all goes well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if I get my stuff together maybe I can get it to you to take? My weekends in April are absolutely shot!

#11 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:30 PM

How about training classes "up North"?  Anyone?  I live in West Branch. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Dog's Choice Training Centers. It's run by Lonnie Olson (founder of Dog Scouts) and she is located in St. Helen... She uses all clicker/positive training methods and her dogs are wonderful!!! I don't know if the training center has a different number from our Dog Scouts number so look her up and if you can't find a number, let me know...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#12 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

[quote name='brownsmom' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:56 AM']
[quote name='oreo5129' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:24 AM']

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if I get my stuff together maybe I can get it to you to take? My weekends in April are absolutely shot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Sure!!!Just tell me when and where.

Stanley Coren

#13 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

This place was recommended to me by Cocoa's basic training instructor. I'm going to get Cocoa involved in agility someday but she needs to learn the basics just a tad bit better (okay, a lot better!). ;) She sure can be a little :) in class! The instructor recommends that I take her for a nice long walk before attending the next session. ;)

Cheryl

Name: All Dogs Training Services
Address: P.O. Box 315
Belleville, Michigan, USA
Phone: 734-699-9925
Email: dogclassinfo@aol.com
Specializations: Family dog training using positive reinforcement techniques including clicker training. We offer puppy, adult group classes, plus in home training including consultations for behavior issues.Classes are from basic level through Canine Good Citizen level, Tricks, Fun agility and Rally obedience.

-Arda Barber

#14 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

Daisy,

Some of the people that I talked to on Sunday mentioned the Ann Arbor place if I wanted to work more with Cocoa on obedience for competition. Is this the place they are referring to?

Arbor Roads Training Center - Ann Arbor

Edited by CAB, 16 August 2005 - 08:10 PM.

-Arda Barber

#15 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Thanks Daisy for putting the training places up.

#16 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

Heres the thread for list of training places...
:cry:

#17 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

I've been meaning to do this for a while and keep forgetting. There is currently another thread discussing dog training places, so I will add these while I'm thinking of it:

Ann Arbor Dog Training Club, Whitmore Lake, Michigan. On North Territorial, a couple miles east of US-23. You can get everything here. They offer puppy socialization, beginner classes if you just want the basics for a well-mannered dog, or you can go further into competition obedience, rally, agility, flyball and tracking. The Ann Arbor Kennel Club also offers classes in conformation showing here. I have taken many, many classes here and would definitely recommend them. http://aadtc.org/

Northfield Dog Training, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Located on the southwest side of Ann Arbor, not too far off of I-94. They offer a variety of beginner, agility and competition obedience classes. The owner of this facility, Adele Yunck, is a very accomplished dog trainer who conducts seminars around the U.S. and has authored several obedience training books. I took one class here and would have taken more but for some scheduling conflicts. I highly recommend them. http://northfielddogtraining.com/

Country Kennel Pet Care Center, Milan, Michigan. North of the city of Milan, a few miles west of US-23. Last I checked, they didn't have a website, but the phone number is 734-429-2375. A much smaller facility than the above two, but very nice, clean, and in a beautiful, quiet country setting. The staff and instructors are great. I have taken classes there with a couple different dogs. I would also recommend their boarding facilities. I have used them and will use them again on the few occasions I have to board my dogs.

There are others I know of, but these are the ones where I have personally taken classes.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users