15 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:09 PM

In Memory of "Big Lil". May she know how much she is missed.Attached File  Lily9.JPG   32.69KB   44 downloads

#2 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

In Memory of "Big Lil".  May she know how much she is missed.Attached File  Lily9.JPG   32.69KB   44 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kevin,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. May memories of her always warm your heart.
Lorie and family :stuart:

#3 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

So sorry, Kevin and Kathye. I wish I knew words that would help. My thoughts are with you.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#4 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:42 AM

Oh my Gosh!
Kevin and Kaythe, I am SO sorry to hear of Lily....I didn't realize she was sick....This is a shock... She was such a sweetheart....gorgeous temperament, just a lover....oh wow, again, I'm sorry....

Edited by Jennymay, 21 November 2005 - 08:42 AM.

#5 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.
Lily had severe bilateral hip dyslasia and Dr. Karen thought it was best to put her to rest. I wanted to let everyone know sooner but, I just couldn't stop crying long enough to see the keyboard to type. I miss Lil so much it hurts but, I know that she was in so much more pain. For the last few weeks we had to carry her up and down the steps and she was holding up her left leg.
Not to many people knew Lily but, she was Gabriel's big sister. She and the rest of Sassy and Belle's litters came into SCD on a cold snowy afternoon in January. They came in two laundry baskets. Lily was the sweetest and most loving girl. She was stubborn but, so funny. Her favorite thing as a young pup was to run up stairs and steal a toy from the big dogs and run downstairs as fast as she could. Leaving the big dogs stunned. Later her favorite thing was just to come up stairs and lay on the chair and be one of the big dogs. If I would sit on the steps she would always come down behind me and lay her head on my shoulder.
I miss her so much and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to know her, love her and be loved by her.

Kathye
Lily's mom

Attached Files

#6 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:52 AM

Oh no---I feel sooo bad. :stuart: Obviously, I never saw Lily in person but I showed so many people the picture of her at the bottom of the stairs when she was a pup.
She looke so pitiful & it was so darned cute! Please accept my condolences. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet, especially one so young. I bet everyone on this board has been there, you probably more than a lot of others. You are in my prayers.

#7 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:19 PM

Kathye,

I am so sorry to hear about Lilly. Even though, her life was to short, she was one lucky girl to have been in your family.

May you find some comfort in the memories you shared.

Cath
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#8 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

Kathye,
Again, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your girl...
The day that Lily arrived at SCD was the same day I brought Brody home (my first visit to SCD)...January 29, 2004, and I got to see all the pups and their mums in the baskets, cute as buttons...
I was so priviledged to meet Lily, and have her follow my friend's daughter around SCD that one afternoon a few months back....Lily was so gentle with my friends 20 month old daughter, she even let the little girl hold her leash, and didn't even pull at all.....
Such a sweet, tender soul....

Edited by Jennymay, 21 November 2005 - 01:56 PM.

#9 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Lily. I know your heart must be broken right now. I hope that the other dogs will bring you comfort in your loss. It's a hard hard thing. Very sorry you two. :stuart:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#10 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:21 PM

Kevin and Kathye,

So sorry to hear about Lily. From her pictures, one could tell she was special; such a dear one. I know your heart is breaking, but you have saved her from inescapable pain. It's days like these that make being a custodian of our faithful friends hard to endure. She knew you had her best interests at heart. She's pain free and at the bridge waiting.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#11 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

Kathye and Kevin, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it's hard to see our babies in pain and harder yet to do the right thing by them and let them go, freeing them from further pain and suffering. Adonis will be there to welcome her to the bridge and the 2 of them can run and play without pain, without illness.
My thoughts are with you two. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#12 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:04 PM

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your Lily. May the memories you have remain forever in your heart and in your mind.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#13 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:36 AM

Kathye and Kevin,

I am so sorry for the loss of Lilly. Just know that you gave her a better life than anyone else could have. She will be waiting for you at the bridge with the rest of the ones that we have lost.

Allison

#14 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:35 AM

Kevin & Kathye
I am so sorry to hear about your terrible loss. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#15 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:02 AM

Kathy & Kevin,
SO sorry to hear about Lily, I remember we were at kennel the
cold day in jan when they came in, remember help set up the big
pen for Moms & pups. Lily knew she was loved & you did all you could
for her. She is free from pain now...
Take care...
Daisy

#16 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

I'm sorry this is so late but I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about Lily.
I am grateful to you two for giving her a wonderful home for the time that she had.
I am so sorry for your lose.

Michelle & Rusty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users