22 replies to this topic

#1 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

Am a little worried; Blue has a case of Diahreah (sp?). Doesn't seem sick. Am going to give him boiled rice and hamburger tonight, but am worried since he is so old. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS????

#2 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hi,
This may sound alittle funny, but learned from a breeder friend
last summer when we had pups, get a can of pure Pumpkin & give
him a couple tables spoons, some will lick off spoon. Also get some
pepto bismol tabs at drug store & give him 2 every 4-6 hours. Also
some vanilla/ plain yougart mixed with boiled rice/ hamburger should
help too.
Keep the pumpkin in fridge. Our pups stools got better in 2 days.
Daisy

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

It isn't because of his age. He got something that didn't agree. Chech the list of added fun things to eat and eliminate the last kind of treat.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:49 AM

does blue have the squirty poops , the best person to ask would be the (poop queen) joni................................... :pinch:

#5 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:47 AM

My vet says rice and pepto, but I have to "hide" the pepto tabs in something because they think they're gross..... (So do I!! :pinch: )

I haven't tried the pumpkin but I'm going to get a can just in case...

I don't think there's anything funnier than the term "squirty poo". *laughing* :innocent:
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#6 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:46 AM

My vet says rice and pepto, but I have to "hide" the pepto tabs in something because they think they're gross.....  (So do I!! :pinch: )

I haven't tried the pumpkin but I'm going to get a can just in case...

I don't think there's anything funnier than the term "squirty poo". *laughing*  :innocent:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about projectile squirty poo??? trust me I've had it!!!

I stay away from Pepto because it has aspirin (salicilites {sp?}) in it and it makes ME sick personally but have used the pumpkin... I have used Immodium or Kaopectate. Kao now has the salicilites in it too so don't over do that either...

The best thing is 24 hour fast, give as much water as they will take. I add liquid aloe to it (1 tablespoon to 16 oz) and change the water every 12 hours... This lets the digestive system "rest" and begin to heal.

Then I go to 2 tablespoons pumpkin, 1/4 cup cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons plain yogurt. The yogurt has the "good gut" bacteria which will also. Repeat in an hour and once more before bed. I'm usually doing this in the evening because I can monitor...

If no squirty poop in the morning, then I add the boiled hamburger (or chicken), rice, cooked oatmeal, etc. in 1/4 cup increments for the first day... and go back to my twice daily feedings.

the second day I start adding in dry food in 1/4 cup increments... and when half normal dog food "allotment" then I start decreasing the "goodies"...

Hope this helps!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#7 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:46 AM

the best person to ask would be the (poop queen) joni................................... :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks frank!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#8 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:05 AM

How about projectile squirty poo??? trust me I've had it!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup! Tux got into the rat's Vegetarian Dog food and wow was that ugly..... Shot several feet down the sidewalk.... :pinch:
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#9 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:01 AM

This is too much........... HAHAHAHAHA

I guess I'm lucky...although, out of the BLUE last night, one of my DARLINGS (can you just HEAR the sarcasm?????) decided to leave a "gift" for me, (in the dark, too, which was just LOVELY, as I was talking to Stef on the phone, as well) and I was able to somehow target my slippered foot in it...just LOVELY...thank GOD "squirt" wouldn't be an adjective used to describe it... :pinch:

Yeah, Heather/Daisy/Suzi???? This was AFTER I got out of the chat room...after my night last night from heck, this was the icing on the cake.....:innocent:

Edited by Jennymay, 12 January 2006 - 11:01 AM.

#10 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

OHHHH Jen, poor thing, what a week hey!!! Thinking of ya!
suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#11 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

Thanks guys for all the help. He REALLY had the squirts; was literally dripping out his butt. Got all over everything; had to shampoo the carpeting, furniture, etc. Had to lock him in the kitchen that night (felt sorry for him), but gave him the boiled hamburger and rice which did seem to work. All I've been for the last couple of days is a dog butt watcher!!

#12 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

:P :innocent: :stuart: :pinch:
Vicki been there done that!!! AND, will probably be there and do that more times than I would like again, but you are a "good mom" and this too shall pass, (sometimes literally!!!).
Glad Blue is on an uphill swing now.
Godspeed,
Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#13 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

Speaking of Blue; this past weekend took him and Gracie to the school yard for a run; wasn't sure I could handle both, but did. Let them loose, he turned around and looked at me like "what am I suppose to do" at which point Gracie went flying by and all of a sudden it sunk in and he took off literally leaping in the air and investigating and trying to catch Gracie, but always making sure where I was. I thought now how old are you suppose to be. It did my heart good to see him run in the open spaces and was pretty impressed on his speed and stamina.

#14 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

That's awesome Vicki...they are such a "gorgeous" animal to watch run and play, almost like a beautiful deer.

#15 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

Speaking of Blue; this past weekend took him and Gracie to the school yard for a run; wasn't sure I could handle both, but did.  Let them loose, he turned around and looked at me like "what am I suppose to do" at which point Gracie went flying by and all of a sudden it sunk in and he took off literally leaping in the air and investigating and trying to catch Gracie, but always making sure where I was.  I thought now how old are you suppose to be.  It did my heart good to see him run in the open spaces and was pretty impressed on his speed and stamina.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:pinch:
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#16 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Thats so wonderful to hear that Blue still has the heart of a puppy and thanks to you taking him in - he is now gaining the ability to show it! :pinch:
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#17 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

Pictures? We need pictures!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#18 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

I don't have a digital camera, nor would I know how to post them, but I do have a polaroid and am anomously going to send a few to SCD and see if any of you know who he is. I think you all will be very surprised. Not going to tell you when though.

#19 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

When I first read Blue's story my heart broke and I cried for him. When I read about him running and playing with Gracie I cried again but this time they were tears of joy!!
I am so happy for him!!
Stephanie

#20 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

Me too Stephine.

I could not be happier that Vicki, Gracie, and Blue are together. :pinch:
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users