6 replies to this topic

#1 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

Ted, from Pet Supplies Plus in Canton not only donated 5-6 large bags of dog food tonight but also donated 15 bottles of Milk Bath dog shampoo for the four Harrison dogs. He also stuck in bags of treats and toys.

You all are going to love this guy when you meet him on the 14th in Plymouth for the meet and greet. A real heart of gold, and I'm not kidding. :P

We'll bring it all tomorrow!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#2 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:51 PM

Jane
It's funny you put this post up tonight...reason being, is I went to see the guy that I adopted my female red dobe to around 4 years ago...he has my crate, and I wanted to get it for Juliet. I got to see Sasha, my old dobe girl, and man, does she ever look beautiful!! She's HUGE!! (not fat, just a really tall, big specimen of a dobe)
But anyways, back to the story...
He does alot of rescue/dog donations over here, and him and his buddy get alot of stuff for FREE from Heinz in Leamington over here. (Heinz headquarters, as a matter of fact)
SO..he wants to come out with me in a month to meet Arda, and to bring TONS of treats/bones, etc for the dogs, since he gets skids upon skids of stuff by donation from Heinz. He's a HUGE dobermann pinscher lover, and is so excited to somehow get involved with Arda's mission, that he wants to bring over tons of stuff, by way of either my van, or his truck....I was pretty excited when he told me all of this!!
Go figure, you met the same kind of kindred spirit, as well!!! How the world works, eh?? :P
Hopefully seeing you tomorrow,
~Jen~

#3 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Now THAT is really terrific!!! :P

I'm so happy he loves the dobes! I'm glad you got to see your old dog too, Jen, because it makes you feel good knowing that she turned out great and is happy!

Yeah, see you tomorrow! I'll be the one shaped like the Pillsbury doughboy.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#4 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:55 PM

Yes, it was really nice to see her, and I never had any regrets about giving her to him, and to see how she turned out??? It was the best choice I could have made for her. She turned out just gorgeous!!!
If you look like the doughboy, then I'll probably look like sasquach!! :P
~Jen~

#5 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

Jen,
the Donations thru Heintz company sound great, but remember they
are sticky at the border about beef/meat stuff. We were coming back
from shows & they asked if we had dog food, any meat stuff from canada...
The mad cow thing I guess.. :P

#6 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:03 PM

Daisy,
Yeah, i always call the border first, to make sure what their policies are on certain things.
Most of them are dog bone treats, dental treats and things of that nature. I'd have to find out for sure, and then also ask if they are being DONATED if any duty has to be paid, since they're going to a charitable organization in michigan. As soon as I talk to Vic in more detail about it, I'll be able to get the info from the border.
Thanks for looking out for me!! That's the BIGGEST pain about going to SCD, is going through the border. It can tie up from 5 minutes, up to 45, depending on the lane you pick, the time of day, or any events happening on either side of the border. I'm not miss cleo....I can't predict these things, and MAN are they frustrating!!! :P
Ok, My kid is being crazy right now, I have to get some pics up of her and Brody together...it's hilarious!
Ciao!
~JennyMay~

#7 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

Jen
are you closer to the bridge or the tunnel? Is it easer to come the bridge. That's how I go over to Canada when I go and I usually don't have any trouble. but I live 5 minutes from the bridge and 10 minutes from the tunnel. and I'm just lazy and don't want to drive longer.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users