3 replies to this topic

#1 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 06:13 PM

Here I am again.  Not that I want to be but God decided to take Reese home.  Born on Aug 28 2012   And died of Cardio Nov 1, 2022.  10 years old.  I know I should not be crying but it seemed such a short time.  She was such a good girl.  Always came when she was called no matter what she was doing.  Just went out with her group and did not return.  We are all going to miss her big time.  Rest in peace and I'll see you real soon.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#2 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 08:07 PM

I'm so sorry, Arda. ❤️ Run free Reese.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:55 AM

It seems like just yesterday that I moved 28 dogs from the kennel to the house to save money on running the kennel.  Now it's down to 10 doges and no horse.  When I'm sitting in my favorite chair I see me running to the kennel and turning the kids out and fixing their food.  Then mowing the yard and starting the laundry, fixing lunch and a cup of coffee.  Then I wake up to the stuffing all over the place from their blankies and their request to be let out.  I haven't moved from that chair.  Is this what they call "Old Age"?  I guess it really is the end of the line.  But in my chair, I still have 30 plus kids to care for.  In my chair my hair is still dark brown and I have a mess of kids.  In my chair.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:14 AM

I'm so sorry, Arda, to hear about Reese.  Yes, ten years old is too young for a dog to have to leave us, but with this breed, sadly, it's not unusual.  Thank you for taking such good care of her.  I know that talking care of all your kids over the years has been a labor of love.  I've been pondering "old age" myself a lot lately.  Life sure does change over time.  Rest peacefully, Reese. :Rose:

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users