33 replies to this topic

#1 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:09 AM

As you can see from his picture.. this is a 10-12 yr old boy who needs some major rehab.

He is one of the sweetest Dobes you will ever meet. Since coming back to SCD on Monday.. Blue has been to the vet. Got a good piece of real estate to call his own. Learned what comfort a Kurunda bed is. Recieved a different collar with a special charm. enjoying some special treatment from the volunteers and is looking forward to better health so he can be the distingushed Doberman he was ment to be.

Deb Russell is willing to help sponser Blue with a monthly donation to help with his medical bills.

Attached Files

• Attached File  blue.jpg   127.66KB   105 downloads

<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#2 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:30 AM

I got to meet Blue for a few minutes last night and what a sweetie!!! He reminds me so much of Kenny/Gunny!!!

and yes, the poor dear is as bald as he looks!!! Cathy spent quite a while coaxing him up on to a Kuranda bed to have him get up when she did in the run last night...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

The only hair he has is on his head...it is very sparse. :D

Attached Files

<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#4 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:05 PM

I have some fleece at home... Cathy (or anyone going out to the kennel) can you get me his measurements? I'll make him a nice double-sided fleece coat!!! Yes, Arda, I know what you're going to say but the guy needs some extra protection!!!

I need:

from base of neck to base of tail
around his chest
how deep is his chest... measure from base of spine around the shoulder to the sternum (middle of chest at the front base of his neck).

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#5 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

Joni, that is awesome of you!!!!
Get the fella all warm in the colder days to come...
Poor bugger.... :D

#6 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:21 PM

As  you can see from his picture.. this is a 10-12 yr old boy who needs some major rehab.

He is one of the sweetest Dobes you will ever meet. Since coming back to SCD on Monday.. Blue has been to the vet. Got a good piece of real estate to call his own. Learned what comfort a Kurunda bed is. Recieved a  different collar with a special charm. enjoying some special treatment from the volunteers and is looking forward to better health so he can be the distingushed Doberman he was ment to be.

Deb Russell is willing to help sponser Blue with a monthly donation to help with his medical bills.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His face reminds me of Beefy! :D Can I have three males, Arda?

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#7 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

His face reminds me of Beefy!  :D  Can I have three males, Arda?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanted to bring him home...(of course I want to bring them all home) but this one really tares at my heart. Just like Doodgee.
Arda told me no! :D

Blue does not seem to like other dogs :D

Tell Beefcake hi.. I love him too!

Cathy

#8 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:02 PM

I wanted to bring him home...(of course I want to bring them all home) but  this one really tares at my heart. Just like Doodgee.
Arda told me no!  :D

Blue does not seem to like other dogs :D

Tell Beefcake hi.. I love him too!
Cathy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She tells me no all the time! :D I think it is pretty rare for the personalities I already have to get along, let alone adding another. I really love the blue ones, though!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#9 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

That's about what Belle looked like when I picked her up from the Mackinac Bridge...she was so bald, I couldn't tell if she was a blue or just a black with a HORRIBLE coat! :D With some good food (and thyroid meds!) he'll have a lovely coat in no time--worked wonders for Belle! :D

Blue looks like a real sweetie! :D Poor guy....glad he'll have a good life from now on. :P
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#10 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:06 PM

What a beautiful face! How could you not love him? :D
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#11 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

im heading to SCD in the morning i will get the measurements that u need ....frank

#12 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

hi cathy i was wondering, i meet up with cab today to bring some news papers out on sat to scd and she had a very cool sticker on her back window for scd do you have anymore or where can i get one thanks frank

#13 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:21 PM

What a beauty. He doesn't look 12 yrs old from his pic. Think he'd like a couple of young doberladies? Oops....hubby says can't do that...can't have more dogs than kids.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#14 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

Are you getting pregnant, Karen?
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#15 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to. Maybe I'll get lucky and have a litter.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#16 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have to.  Maybe I'll get lucky and have a litter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't envy you at all if you are going to nurse them :D . Can you imagine 6 hanging off the front? Sheeze of peets!!!

#17 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

:D :D :D :P :D
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#18 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

hi cathy i was wondering, i meet up with cab today to bring some news  papers out on sat to scd and she had a very cool sticker on her back window for scd do you have anymore or where can i get one         thanks frank

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frank I have a few left..... PM me please.

Where you able to get the measurements off Blue?

Blue, Just so you know I got you a HUGE fuzzy warm fleece blankie to keep you warm when you are not wearing your sweater from Joni. See you soon big guy. (I am also bringing that greenie I promised)

Thanks, Cathy

#19 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:10 PM

We got Ozzy aka my Bruno, back today. They adopted him in 1999. He's 7 years old. Fatty tumors all over the place. Unadoptable. Fat as a large pig. What a mess. Yes indeed.....I want the question "How long would you like to rent your new pet for?" put on the application form, please. And I'm not sure who was sicker today, me or Kari. Must be the weather change but I have 3 more hours out here and I really want to go to bed. Life sucks! Please hug your kids, two and four legged ones. Good Night!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#20 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

"Yes indeed.....I want the question "How long would you like to rent your new pet for?" put on the application form, please."

Arda - does this mean I have to bring Raz back? Cause if that is what you are expecting, I'm going to start saving my pennies now so I can abscond overseas with him....maybe a deserted island off the gulf of Mexico..... or the land down under.... we could buy a sailboat and just sail away..... He is mine and I'm gonna keep him!!!! Not to sound selfish or anything :D

Seriously though, it is a sad display of human nature to know that so many people do not value life as a treasure to be held onto, a gift that we should enjoy. That life should not be treated as disposable, returnable, rejectable. We need to realize that nobody is perfect, not human nor dog - but with a little compassion and love, we can all shine beautifully and live up to our grandest potentials.
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users