Photo

Ebony and Flame Get their together home.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

Jerry Hodges and his wife were in and fell in love with Ebony and Flame. They said you can't seperate the two of them as they have grown very fond of each other. They will have a farm of over a hundred acres to run and play on, along with going with the family in the motorhome on vacations. This really is a Happy Ending for all who have hoped to keep them together and a New Beginning with their new family. Congratulations and keep us updated.

We will post a New Beginning picture when the film is developed. Until then this will have to do.
Ebony

Attached Files

#2 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

Flame

Attached Files

#3 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

Wow, what a great looking pair of dogs! :)

#4 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

I am estatic that they were able to stay together. I fell in love with these two girls, when I was out in March for the "cleanup" at SCD. Poor Flame looked so despondent. I wanted to take them home in the worst way :) Jerry, you and your wife have a wonderful pair there. Please keep us updated on their new life. And, we'll look forward to LOTS of pictures.

Hooray for Ebony and Flame.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#5 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:13 PM

What a great day!! Ebony & Flame together forever !!! Congrats to the Hodges , they are two awesome babies !! Wishing you guys all the best !
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#6 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

This is wonderful!!! They are such lovely girls!! I'm so glad they got a home together!!

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#7 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

Have fun with these beautiful girls!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#8 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Great for Ebony & Flame, getting a home together :D
Jerry called me yesterday, we had long talk. He was wanting a pup,
heard we might be having some ( AND WE ARE). He had had 4 other
dobes in past, just lost 11 yr male.
I told him to call SCD & go see what was there, Arda said he called &
was coming out.... And now the 2 girls will be living on a 120 acre farm
WOW, great for them :)
Daisy

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hodges,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy this story makes me feel - to see Ebony and Flame go to their forever home together. I was praying that the two of them would not be separated. I remember when I was out at Arda's a while back ago and I had the opportunity to hang out with these two beautiful girls while they were being walked by volunteers. They were both so well behaved and when it was time to go back to their crates, Flame just curled up in a ball and looked so depressed. I was in tears. I felt so bad for her. I knew she didn't want to be there. I am in tears once again, but the tears rolling down my face are not tears of sorrow - they are tears of joy! WOW - what more could these two have ask for! They have a wonderful new family and 120 acres to run around and have a good olde time!

Posted Image

Please post pictures and keep us updated on how the girls are doing. I can't wait to see pics of Ebony and Flame with their huge Dobe girl smiles! :)

Cheryl
P.S. I was the one scooping poop while Arda chipped the girls! :D
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

Congrats to Ebony and Flame and their new forever home!
They are two gorgeous dogs and I can't wait to see updates on them.

Michelle & Rusty

#11 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

This is so wonderful that they can stay together. They are beautiful. Good luck and I hope your children aren't too surprised when you come home with two new baby's :)

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#12 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Congrats to Ebony and Flame, for finding their forever home!!
Arda, don't cry :) ....it's okay, I know you fell in love, but they got a forever home, with LOTS of land to roam, and they're TOGETHER!!
I'm so glad these girls went together, as a team....they deserve it!
~Jen~

#13 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

That's one great pair of girls. I would not have cried if they had had to stay with me for the rest of their lives. Very well socialized and darn good looking. Thanks to Daisy and thanks to the Hodges. Arda out in the swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#14 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Wow, could you hear me squeal with joy when I read this??!! This is just the best news of the day! :)

When we first saw Ebony and Flame Larry said that if we didn't have our two we would take those two home. No question about it. I even called my niece and asked if she and her husband were ready to adopt because these two were perfect for them. They couldn't do it right now.

I'm so happy they have a large farm to go to. It couldn't have worked out any better for the two of them. I pray you all live long and prosperous lives together.

Please send updates and pics.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#15 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

What a great Day! Yippie!
I am so very very happy they got to stay together!
Thank you so much for opening your heart and home to two wonderful girls.
Sounds like they hit the jackpot! "good things come to those who wait"

Congrat's to all of you! :)

We can not wait to hear updates! YeaaaaH!

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#16 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

Congrates to the sisters and their new family. :) :) :D
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#17 Guest_cookie_*

Guest_cookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:23 AM

Congrats, Ebony, Flame & Family!

Sounds as though you'll both have it made!

cookie

#18 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

I've been following these two through Petfinder & am so glad!! they got to stay together. Congrats!!

#19 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:24 AM

And the "New Begining" Picture We have all been waiting to admire. Thank You Ella, they look great!!!

Attached Files

#20 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

Great picture, everyone looks so happy! Glad to hear and now see the good news. :)

Larry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users