1 reply to this topic

#1 KhellendrosXS

KhellendrosXS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

She was a little hobbly the last two days and we finally got a chance with the long weekend to work out a trip to the vet on Friday rather than next Wed (the late day hours). Our doc said that her knee was swollen but the joint would not slide like he would expect for a complete tear so were on some heavy duty anti inflammatory drugs to bring down the swelling and she gets to go back in a week to see if an xray is needed or if she just needs more rest. He figures that its probably a form of displaysia in the knee that allowed it to slip and tear (I forget exactly what it was called but Im sure Arda knows). Lord knows shes an active pup and always trying to get one over on Metro when they run around the yard so shes taking the whole rest in a crate thing pretty hard. Shes got lots of extra thick blankets wadded up to keep her comfy, now we just wait and pray that she wont need surgery and can heal up on her own.

#2 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

My girl was 8 yrs old when she injured her ACL. She lived to chase balls. After giving her a few weeks to recover with rest, we opted for surgery at MSU. She was recovering well, but she had asymptomatic DCM and died before we could even pay the bill:( MSU did an excellent job on her leg though and I would highly recommend them. It cost $1600. I hope Annabelle can recover without the surgery of course, but know that it is an option. Good luck Annabelle!
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users