102 replies to this topic

#41 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

OK, through my veil of tears, am not comprehending everything too well. Did not see what was going on until today. Am I to understand that you're going to do this again this weekend; if so please advise and I'll be there. Also, if Arda is depleting her coffers, what do we need to do to restock them?

#42 Judy Gould

Judy Gould

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:35 PM

If you need help on the week end with this loading of more food or whatever to make sure this stuff gets to where it needs to get to as long as it is on a week end I can help! I will be checking more often then I usually do. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!!! Wish I had read it sooner !!!!!!!!!!!
A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME WITH OUT A DOBERMAN IN IT
JUDY & ALAN
NEYAA, MIIKA, and LENNY

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you.....
I loved you so --
'twas Heaven here with you."
ABBEY, CHIQUA, AND COMMANCHE

YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

#43 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:49 PM

Kevin; Get the map thingy going....How far is it to Tylertown, Louisianna? What would be the driving time? And what does the big van need to have done to it? Or is it in my best interest to be looking for a Ryder truck? How much weight can a person get ina Ryder truck? Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#44 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

Arda,
The way the vans misses, it would realy need a tuneup. The rear tires looklike sh1t, other than going over it really good thats all I can think of.

TUNEUP TO ME EQUALS: plugs,wires,cap,roter,oil and fuelfilter,oil changed, brakes double and triple checked.

Tylertown is in Mississippi. It is from SCD:________991 miles (17+hours)

#45 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

Kevin;  Get the map thingy going....How far is it to Tylertown, Louisianna?  What would be the driving time?  And what does the big van need to have done to it?  Or is it in my best interest to be looking for a Ryder truck?  How much weight can a person get ina Ryder truck?  Swamp Mama

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just what are you up to now :P
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#46 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:34 PM

Don't forget the transmission ! IT does leak! :devil:

Yikkies!..... Arda you are scaring me!

991 miles... + 3.00 per gallon of gas? Can we win the lotto first? :P

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#47 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:48 PM

It is a privilege and an honor to know the great people on this board. For all who helped this weekend take a bow, and this bud's for you. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#48 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

Coor's Light, Mary. Good ole Coor's Light and a Paxil and I can sleep real well and boy that's a nice feeling.

#49 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

Oh my, did everyone watch tonights news and all of the "PETS"...the people's situation breaks my heart, but the PETS are the most pitiful site I have EVER seen. They are NOT being rescued quickly enough, not finger pointing just SAD.
ARDA ARDA ARDA...don't know where all your questions are headed, but I know you'll do what you believe best for the pets regardless what any of us think :P , so let us help when you've made a decision. TRY SOME NOTICE THOUGH, we aren't ALL next door neighbors :devil: . I wrote one of our local TV stations today, have not yet heard back, they may or may not who knows. I think we try channel 6 or 10 out of Lansing if you'd like some public plea's, let me know and I'll write them and give it a shot.
The news tonight did focus for a moment on the SPCA's rescue offorts being accelerated and growing, and that they are even sheltering peoples pets who have to evacuate until they get back on their feet. How tragic, how sad. Our babies are so fortunate right now, so fortunate not to be abandoned and bewildered in five foot of water.
Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#50 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

As of right now I recieved a couple emails from some people I had emailed about the Labor Day of animal Love. I have e-mailed the back and told them to use any pcs they would like and that we would tell them sooner about the load of 4000Lbs. from Toledo.

Please let me know when the truck is leaving. Also, please email a phone number.

Frank Seely, Assignment Editor

419-248-1106

MY FAVORITE:
Arda,

Thanks for thinking of us. Unfortunately, Monday was Labor Day and there was no one here to see your message. I will make a note of this for a story to be published Wednesday. Can you give me any more specifics on what was loaded?

Sincerely,

Mark Lenz
Editor
The Daily Telegram
Adrian, Mich.
(517) 265-5111 ext. 230
mlenz@lenconnect.com

I already e-mailed him back with what was loaded, how much, and some pictures maybe they can use and of course the website address
Kevin

#51 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

I recieved this at 11:10 am this morning.

Paul and Lorena are approaching Jackson, MS and are awaiting final destination for the delivery of the food. It is my understanding that phone service is going in and out, so I amy not hear from them for a while. But as any updates come in I will let you know.

I saw the nice link to the Dobe board. I tried to join but have not received my conformation yet.

But Arda....the food in the storage locker. Would you like me to set up for the next truck going down that way? There are two vets in Toledo taking donations right now. One of them is sending at least one vet down also, I am not sure of the other.

#52 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:39 PM

Time for that Paxil and a beer (if Cathy left me one). I have a big dog buggy me to come to bed. You'd think someone hired him to keep me out of trouble. Bad Dog, Frodo. But he may be right tonight. Sleep tight my fair princes and princesses. You did a good job this week end. I am very proud of all of you. The Swamp Mama

#53 Dobermom

Dobermom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

Hey Arda,
Dont forget about Southwest Ohio Dobe Rescue!!! We are itching to help!!
I am a real estae agent, my schedule is VERY flexible. I would love to help.
Teka and the bunch are also very eager!

#54 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

Let us know what you have planned and we will try to be there (with Raz) to give a hand! Tom and Melissa
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#55 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:35 AM

Arda - my weekend is shot. Dang it, I have family coming in from AZ. Is there another way I can help?

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#56 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

Arda,
Are you looking for more help for this Sunday? I can't make it Saturday, but Sunday may be a possibility...

#57 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:16 AM

Arda,
Are you looking for more help for this Sunday?  I can't make it Saturday, but Sunday may be a possibility...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too!!! I've got plans that can't be changed all day Saturday...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#58 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:33 AM

(John starts neck injection therapy for his arm/elbow on Saturday....so no go for me, but Sunday is open. )

#59 sandywhite

sandywhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

Hello

This is Sandy White. Arda, I will call later. (no horse feed this load) But you all want to collect and store, they are sending more trucks down in approximately two weeks.

Just wanted to update everybody. The second load is leaving Friday am, there are two trucks with people supplies for ISOimpact http://www.isohimpact.org/ , the third truck is animal supplies which will include the extra that is in the storage facility in Toledo. This "may" fill the truck, I am still waiting for conformation, otherwise we may be able to load it with more. The destination where the first load went, Best Friends, is ok on food right now. This truck will head where I tell them to, they will seperate from the first two trucks, and go to where the animals are in need. I will update where it is going as soon as I can get a hold of somebody down there. Phone lines seem to be overloaded right now. If anybody has a specific destination they know needs the pet supplies please email me at ssandv2252@yahoo.com (Please put SANDY in subject) , otherwise I will find somebody in need. I am looking for who needs it the most right now. It is much easier for them that this load is in Toledo, but we can figure that out later. This storage facility may not be where we can store it in the future.

I spoke to Paul last night. They delivered in Jackson, MS and the food and supplies are at the airport ready for distribution.

I called both vets going down, they are full, I believe the one is Temperance is sending the pet supplies to the Foodtown, this is going with your donated food.

If you all want to notify the news department when pick up is (I will update when I know exactly when)....please let them know that on short notice volunteers from Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet www.maumeevalleysaveapet.org Phone: 419-470-2988 came to help unload it at the storage facility also. They had volunters about 15 of them within 45 minutes. I wish I would have brought my digital camera for pictures of that also, but just didn't have time. Everything happened so quickly.

Here is Paul and Lorena's email address if any of you would like to email them directly: lsa2112@msn.com

Edited by sandywhite, 07 September 2005 - 09:55 AM.

#60 sandywhite

sandywhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

Just had a thought....the ISOHimpact trucks are going directly to the people....Think we should send the animal food and supply truck directly to these people? Do some of them have their pets with them?

Edited by sandywhite, 07 September 2005 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users