Photo

Belle needs your prayers and good thoughts...

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

The power of group prayer. Belle is just like you said a real trooper. Still have you all in my thoughts. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#22 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:21 PM

OMG, Mandy. I had no idea. Whew . . . so glad to hear Belle is doing so much better. Like Mary said: It's a good thing her Mom is so in tune with her baby. It's the little things that only a Mom would pick up on. GOOD JOB, MANDY! You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#23 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Mandy
Sorry to hear about Belle, glad she's doing much better.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#24 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:19 AM

This Morning's Update:

Belle's doing wonderfully this morning! :clover: Her belly is still open to allow for drainage and so her doctor can flush out her abdomen, which he was able to do without sedation today. He said she is very alert and active, although VERY hungry (she hasn't eaten in four days). She managed to eat a portion of a pee pad from her kennel last night and chew up a little bit of her band-aids. I stressed to her doctor to be VERY careful with what he puts in her kennel...I think he now realizes what NOT to do. ;) He left the pee pads out today and put an e-collar on her to keep her from eating her bandages. He's going to give her some food today to see how she handles it. Her doctor is shooting for closing her up either tomorrow or Friday and has ordered a culture of her belly fluids to ensure we're giving her the right antibiotics for when she comes home.

Things are looking VERY good for Belle!! :clover:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#25 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

This Morning's Update:

Things are looking VERY good for Belle!!  :clover:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Yay!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#26 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:13 AM

Glad to hear the good news!! ;)
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#27 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

Good for Belle!! ;)

Hang in there Mandy. It's always painful to watch our dogs go through this kind of thing. You are a good Mom.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#28 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

I am so glad Belle is doing better. She is one tough cookie!

#29 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

;)  Yay!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see your Yay! and raise a WooHoo!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#30 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

Never underestimate a doberman's spirit. Good going, Belle.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#31 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

OMG Mandy. I have been off for a few days and just read the post. I am so glad that she is doing better. She is one lucky baby. I hope and pray that everything continues to go so good.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#32 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

That is wonderful news. I am so glad she is doing better.

Michelle and Rusty

#33 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

Things are looking VERY good for Belle!!  :clover:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thata girl Belle!!! :clover:

Mandy - We all knew she'd pull through this and be OK. ;) So glad to hear that Belle is doing well!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#34 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:44 PM

;) Update in the morning, please?

#35 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:09 PM

Sorry, I've been in a meeting all morning so am a bit slow at getting an update put up... :clover:

Belle continues to do very well! :clover: Her doctor is planning to close her up tomorrow around lunchtime should everything continue to go as well as it has. His only concern at this point is some swelling in her back legs, but thinks it may be due to the bandages around her middle. She's eating well (had four small meals throughout the day yesterday) and is keeping things down, so good there. :clover: I asked her doctor if she's doing better than he initially anticipated, and he said, "Honestly, I didn't think she was going to make it." Just proof of the strong will and spirit of this girl and the good care she's getting. ;)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#36 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Excellent news Mandy.....we all knew that Belle was going to do just fine.
Like oreo5129 said....Never underestimate a doberman's spirit!! ;)
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#37 groomergal

groomergal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

Glad she is recouperating so well. Way to go. Lorie P

#38 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

It's wonderful to hear she is doing so well!!! We will continue the white light and prayers though!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#39 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:41 PM

HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!!

#40 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your continued thoughts, prayers and support! I'm certain they played a roll in Belle's recovery.

THANK YOU!!!!!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users