86 replies to this topic

#21 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:54 AM

Sounds like we have enough dogs, unless viscious princess Beefcake will be in town, he can certainly join us :whistling: It's nice to know we have plenty of "dobe ambassadors" for these events. I'll bring a crate for someone else to use if that helps. My girls wouldn't be caught dead locked up in public. I'll also bring a card table, goodies, water and bowl, and a couple chairs. Kevin, let me know if I can bring something that you won't have room for. You can use the crate and I can bring chairs for you and Kathye to lighten your load a little.
Ella, go crazy! We can never get enough brochures. Just put them in a box and bring them. The one's we don't use up we can send home with the Porters to Arda's for the next event. I plan on handing them to people when they approach our table. Jane, maybe I could have your cell # if you have one so I can call when I get there. I will be alone and will need someone to help me unload. Sound good?
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#22 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:43 AM

Sounds GREAT Karen!

I'll pm my cell phone number to you, Kevin, Ella and Joni. Anyone else planning on going just let me know and I'll send you the number as well. I never turn the phone on but have it for emergencies and events like this. So I will turn it on Saturday AM. I will also include my home phone number in case something comes up before then and you need to contact me.

Everything looks good to me. Ella did you ever get help with the adobe acrobat?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#23 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

Sounds GREAT Karen!

I'll pm my cell phone number to you, Kevin, Ella and Joni.  Anyone else planning on going just let me know and I'll send you the number as well.  I never turn the phone on but have it for emergencies and events like this.  So I will turn it on Saturday AM.  I will also include my home phone number in case something comes up before then and you need to contact me.

Everything looks good to me.  Ella did you ever get help with the adobe acrobat?

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, all my computer experts here at work tried and couldn't do it so I cut and pasted and it came out real good.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#24 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

No, all my computer experts here at work tried and couldn't do it so I cut and pasted and it came out real good.

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love people who overcome obstacles!! :whistling: Good Job Ella!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#25 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:58 PM

Ok, guys, I know it must be posted, but where exactly is this meet and greet being held?? Remember...I'm a CANUCK!!! You have to talk to me like I'm 4 when giving directions over there. :whistling:
hahahaha
I'd just like to know how far of a trek it would be for me to get there, IF I can, that is...
~JennyMay~

#26 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

Ok, guys, I know it must be posted, but where exactly is this meet and greet being held?? Remember...I'm a CANUCK!!!  You have to talk to me like I'm 4 when giving directions over there.  :whistling:
hahahaha
I'd just like to know how far of a trek it would be for me to get there, IF I can, that is...
~JennyMay~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to see you, Jen!! Hope your mother's day was good and your niece's party!!

The meet and greet will be held in downtown Plymouth Michigan in Wayne County. If you put in Plymouth MI on Mapquest and request the Plymouth in Wayne County you should be able to zoom right into downtown. I've copied a couple here. The park is where Ann Arbor Trail crosses Main Street. It's that little almost triangular section on the northeast side. Let's see if I can attach a couple of mapquest maps here.

Attached Files

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#27 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:36 PM

Oh this event is known as the Dog Jog/Bark in the Park. They have it every year. I can't remember if Joni said that it was a Kiwanis event or not.

Somebody please remind me when we are there with Ted that he wanted to also schedule dogs for his grand reopening of Pet Supplies Plus in Canton. We need to get that on the calendar also.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#28 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Should we start a new topic to ask for volunteers to help Arda out this Saturday while we are at the meet and greet? Or even to cover for Arda so that she could come?! That would be GREAT!!! :whistling:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#29 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

I honestly think Arda should be there,But if she has prior commitments I/we understand. I think Titan would be the best fawn representative. He seems to do well around other dogs. Jane I can put 5 dogs tied into my truck, that leaves absolutly no room for a crate of any size. darn Ford and there little tiny bed.
Kevin

Arda, by the way we need to borrow a few dogs this weekend!!!!!

#30 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

I honestly think Arda should be there,But if she has prior commitments I/we understand. I think Titan would be the best fawn representative. He seems to do well around other dogs. Jane I can put 5 dogs tied into my truck, that leaves absolutly no room for a crate of any size. darn Ford and there little tiny bed.
Kevin

Arda, by the way we need to borrow a few dogs this weekend!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevin, are you borrowing Beefcake and that will make it five with Titan, RJ, Bubbles, and a white (which one?)?

Larry and I can bring Tiki's crate. It's a big one so even Titan should be able to stand up in it. Tiki will miss her hidey hole but she has two dog beds and a basket to lay in so she can just share.

I'm still wondering about Bubbles. Will he walk on a leash to the park? I refuse to carry his butt over there! :whistling:

Arda, are you too worn out to want to come and play with us next Saturday in Plymouth? Are there adoptions planned? Could someone fill in? Or would you rather just stay home? Let us know!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#31 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:50 PM

I carried Bubbles into the house Saturday so what's another day. He needs exposure outside of SCD to fill some pretty big shoes. Who knows maybe he'll walkon a leash there.
I got the profile book off Arda tonight, if can just figure out how they printed the petfinder write-ups with the pics attached.
All and I mean all the dogs at Second Chance are NOT in the book. I have alot of printing to do. I figured some of the dogs who it seems like have been there forever would be in it, but No it couldn't be that easy.
I will try to get the banner this week sometime on my way through. Anything elsr I need to get at SCD?

#32 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

I carried Bubbles into the house Saturday so what's another day. He needs exposure outside of SCD to fill some pretty big shoes. Who knows maybe he'll walkon a leash there.
I got the profile book off Arda tonight, if  can just figure out how they printed the petfinder write-ups with the pics attached.
All and I mean all the dogs at Second Chance are NOT in the book. I have alot of printing to do. I figured some of the dogs who it seems like have been there forever would be in it, but No it couldn't be that easy.
I will try to get the banner this week sometime on my way through. Anything elsr I need to get at SCD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm thinking I will bring a blanket or something to drape over one of the crates in case we need some shade or privacy for any of the dobes? Or will going under the card table be enough? Anything special we should know about the white one before we get there?

I don't know anything about Petfinders. Karen may be able to help you with that. I'll go visit and play around and if I find out anything I will let you know.

I can't think of anything else other than Arda that you can get at SCD. But the week isn't over yet!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#33 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

if can just figure out how they printed the petfinder write-ups with the pics attached.

Kevin, I just went to Petfinders, clicked on "Leroy Brown" and did a right click on the page of Leroy Brown and scrolled down to "print", clicked on "print" and the page printed with the pictures on it. Of course it has the advertising on it too. If you were to cut it down with scissors that would work.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#34 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Thank You Jane. I was being dumb. Never thought of that. It's been a long day. That makes my printing easier. I wasn't looking forward to cutting and pasteing bits and pieces of everyone of them. Thank You!!!!!!!

#35 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Thank You Jane. I was being dumb. Never thought of that. It's been a long day. That makes my printing easier. I wasn't looking forward to cutting and pasteing bits and pieces of everyone of them. Thank You!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome, Kevin. All of your days are long.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#36 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

Ella, which brochure(s) are you going to print? I know that we have several and I can print some up here at work, color and free... Also I have an airlines crate that will fit in my car I can leave and get back from maybe Karen A later in the week..

I know someone listed it but make sure you have plenty of water for the dogs. They will be excited and need extra and we all know they can drink a bowl dry in a heartbeat... I have a picnic table umbrella (but no stand) I could bring...

I can be there to help setup, I'll leave Bella in the car or if I can be back home by 1:00 just leave her home... I can also bring Harley if you want. He's good with people and seems fine with every other dog he's met so far... He "bouncy" so little kids have to beware. I warned Faith (my 7 yo niece) on Sunday and she was petting him and he wanted more, shoved her gently (for him) and knocked her right on her butt! :stuart: :whistling: Then "helped" her get up by licking her face so she was giggling so hard all she could do was lay there...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#37 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

Jane,
I'd love to help out at SCD, OR go to the park, but I have to opt out AGAIN this weekend...oh yeah, I'm at SCD for a MONTH of saturdays, no plans, now with family stuff?? No, I have to get everything ready on Saturday for my daughters birthday/baptism party on Sunday, so won't be able to do it.
The weekend AFTER, however, I have the monday off, (may 23) so I'd be able to get out there to help Arda with whatever she needs help with..(office work, Arda?? I can start doing that whenever you're ready)
Ok, I'm off...at work, hating it, but getting stuff done!! :whistling:
~JennyMay~

#38 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:20 AM

Ella, I know you got this fixed but here is for everyone else... I had a friend fix this...

Attached Files

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#39 jastubbs

jastubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

Wish we could come and join everyone but we planned and reserved our first camping trip of the year :whistling: Duchess would've been a good addition as she seems to be pretty laid back around other dogs and is great with kids.

I have Adobe Writer and can help in the future any time you need editing on the brochures.

#40 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

I've got 1000 printed and am folding them as I type. Would a tent help I have tents. and also I have display umbrellas.

Ella

Edited by ella, 10 May 2005 - 03:07 PM.

Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users