200 replies to this topic

#1 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

This will be our story on the recovery of the 2 Muskegon dobes Musky(M) and Kegan(F) that were
found in a home left to starve to death .

Many , many thanks to all that have made donations and helped with Musky & Kegan .

Donations

Annelene Pinkston
Jarrad Brookins
Joan Johnson
Elizabeth Moffat
Arda Bee and the Chi's
Lori , Shawn , and family
Lee Ann & Leon Bristow
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#2 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:44 AM

Here is week one:

Musky
Attached File  Musky_ribs__ws.jpg   43.22KB   2 downloads

Attached File  1st_wk_muskegon_dobes_025.jpg   219.63KB   16 downloads

Attached File  1st_wk_muskegon_dobes_022.jpg   224.83KB   4 downloads
Attached File  musky_rail.jpg   53.11KB   4 downloads

Kegan:
Attached File  1st_wk_muskegon_dobes_026.jpg   226.88KB   10 downloads

Attached File  kegan_sad.jpg   29.74KB   4 downloads

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#3 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

OMG. THIS JUST BREAKS MY HEART. THE B*TCH.

MARY

Edited by oreo5129, 19 March 2007 - 11:19 AM.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#4 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

Oh my gawd.........that is truly sick............
Those poor babies..................

#5 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

And here are their beautiful, sweet faces.

Notice how big Arda's fist looks against Musky's neck.

Attached File  musky_face.jpg   56.71KB   9 downloads

Also, it is hard to tell in this picture, but Kari's hand is bigger than the span across Kegan's chest.

Attached File  kegan_face_2.jpg   68.17KB   5 downloads

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#6 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Even though they are pathetically skinny, they have beautiful faces! And amazingly they seem to have nice coats.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#7 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

You can see the hope in Kegan's eyes :( They truly do have sweet faces. So, so thin.

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

OK....I just returned from Dr Karen's. Here's the report.
Mushy weighed 43#s when we got him. He weighed in at Karen's at 56.4 #'s in a weeks time.
Keagon weighed 42#s when we got her. She weighed in at 56.2#s in a weeks time. This was nothing but starvation. The Low Residue food does not have a lot of calories in it so just feeding them did a lot. Also understand that the dehydration from NO water did the bulk of the damage.
Karen checked hearts and found no problems. They actually got their shots. They are going to make it fine. Getting a little protective of me. But I guess I'd protect my grocery bag too. I am real pleased at their progress. Real pleased.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#9 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

Oh Arda
That is so wonderful. You are a miracle worker. You truely are.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#10 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

I THINK I STILL WOULD HAVE BITTEN YOU

#11 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

Wasn't me Ella. God gives and God takes. Jeannie has Wobblers. My heart is breaking. I never get to smile too long before he slaps me in the face.
I want all of you to look at the first picture of Kegon. NONE of us even noticed....she's missing a toe on her hind foot. We were so mesmerized by the thinness that we didn't even notice. Shame on all of us.

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

Shut up Frank or we will put another microchip in you.

#13 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

Well just praise the Lord and Arda with the improvement on these dogs. What really impressed me with these darlings is that they still held their head high; that very proud Doberman spirit. I'd still like to get my hands on that axxhole and drag her through a knothole. And you know what, she is probably FAT. Frank, what bee got under your bonnet today.

#14 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thanks to everyone involved who helped these two beautiful dobes.

#15 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

ALERT! I just got word about these dogs. We can not alter them or do anything permanent to them. The owner COULD get them back after all of this. She goes to court April 26th for her preliminary hearing. PLEASE EVERYONE OUT THERE. Send letters to the Judge and the Prosecuting attorney that was listed. She does not deserve them back. PLEASE HELP! Be polite but write!

#16 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

HAS ANYONE SEND THE PICS WE HAVE POSTED HERE TO THEM AND MAYBE SOME PICS OF OUR OWN KIDS SO THEY GET AN IDEA OF WHAT A PERSON WITH A SPINE CAN OFFER THESE KIDS, THOSE DOGS WOULD BE BETTER OFF PUT DOWN INSTEAD OF BEING RETURNED TO HER, heck THERE CLINGING TO LIFE NOW,

#17 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

ALERT!  I just got word about these dogs.  We can not alter them or do anything permanent to them.  The owner COULD get them back after all of this.  She goes to court April 26th for her preliminary hearing.  PLEASE EVERYONE OUT THERE.  Send letters to the Judge and the Prosecuting attorney that was listed.  She does not deserve them back.  PLEASE HELP!  Be polite but write!

View Post

Kathye and I wondered about this. Remember, we got a Shepherd via a abuse case, but we actually couldn't even get her until after the court date. The AC we got Trinity from had spaces in their kennel set aside for cruelty case holds.

Kevin

#18 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

Arda,
Maybe you can make an itemized list for each and everything you do for the dogs. Food, care and boarding etc, etc. That way if they do say she can have them back she would legally have to pay you for your services. If she gets one heck of a bill from you she might be willing to sign them over. Since dogs are considered property it is a option. If someone fixes something for you and can't pay for the repair they are often awarded the item they serviced as payment. Another option... :(
Lorie

#19 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Arda,
Another option... :(
Lorie

View Post

I like this option. Who the heck wants to come to Saginaw?

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#20 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

Everyone needs to remember this is a general forum, and anyone can read what is posted here. I did some editing. Forgive me, but we have to obey laws even when other people don't. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users