105 replies to this topic

#41 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:17 PM

Daisy - stupid question time. Do the dogs need their ILP for the CGC test? I just sent my stuff in. Too late, as usual, but it has been a pretty crazy summer here.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#42 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:22 AM

Brownsmom,

No, you don't need an ILP. You only need your rabies paperwork. All dogs can do the CGC - not just purebred. :cry:

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#43 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

Hi,
Stef is right,
no ILP needed for CGC, just if your competing in obedience/agility
ect...
Come join us..
Daisy

#44 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

Thanks, guys. The ILP was one of those things I was "going to get done" this summer.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#45 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:02 AM

Does anyone know if I can get to I96 West from the Bridge/Tunnel? After my horrendous experience in Detroit last time - I want to make sure I can get there without 45 minutes of pure panic being totally lost.

Thanks so much!

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#46 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:04 AM

Stef, when were you planning on going over, on Sunday?
IF that was your plan, you can always meet me at my house, and we can zoom over....I'm GOOD over there....LOL
Well...I can ALWAYS find my way out of a jam, anyways, my mum lived over there for around 7 years, so I'm pretty comfortable driving around...
I was thinking about meeting Cheryl out there on Sunday (I THINK this is the same event she was talking about, I'm so dazed and confused lately)
SO...if you were planning on Sunday, we can always meet up and go together! :cry:
~Jen~

#47 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

Jen that would be awesome!! I have to be there for registration though - so I have to go early. I looked on Mapquest and it said 1 hour 48 minutes.

It says 10am for the start of the CGC's.
Daisy - what time do I have to be there to register?

I'm probably going both days though ... I really want to see the WAE's tomorrow.

Edited by Stef, 12 August 2005 - 09:13 AM.

#48 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:14 AM

I'll just be going on Sunday, but let me know what you're going to be doing, and I have PLENTY of room in my van, if we were to bring BOTH Wes and Brody...
Ok, let me know!

#49 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

Hi,
If your there by 10 am, you can still sign up, Obedience starts
at 9:30 if your interested in that. Bobbie has enough test kits
for 25 dogs, most we have ever got was about 15, if I remember
right. our obedience judge Beth Bishop is a CGC tester too, &
Christa of mich Dobe rescue was a tester till recently & is coming
as well...
Hope Arda comes too... :cry:

#50 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Daisy!

Jen - could we be there for 9:30-ish? I'd like to see some of the obedience. Tux won't be ready this fall - but I'm hoping he'll be ready for spring.

Are you going to have Brody tested?

#51 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

Sure, we can shoot for that!
Actually, come to think of it, I'll probably just leave Brody at home...he'll be too much of a pain in the arse, and get too excited and think that he has all these dogs to play with!
Just have to run it by JohnBoy to make sure he hasn't made any plans for us on Sunday w/out letting me know!

#52 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

It's always good experience though....

Anyway - pm me with directions once you've confirmed that you're clear. That would be awesome. (I HATE crossing the border ... gives me the willies.) Thanks so much!

#53 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

I have NO problems crossing the border, OR driving in the states, so that's not an issue.

#54 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

Last time I crossed the border into Canada, I ended up in the duty free parking lot heading back to the states. :cry:

Edited by CAB, 12 August 2005 - 09:59 AM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#55 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:48 AM

Last time I crossed the border into Canada, I ended up in the duty free parking lot heading back to the states.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and CC came quickly to the rescue.... :hug:
Who'da THUNK it?!?!?!

#56 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:39 PM

Actually, come to think of it, I'll probably just leave Brody at home...he'll be too much of a pain in the arse, and get too excited and think that he has all these dogs to play with!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess I'll have to break the news to Ms. Cocoa. She was really looking forward to seeing her boyfriend. Posted Image
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#57 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

Hi,
For those of you coming to the Match/cgc sunday,
There is constructon on I-96, they made us get off at telegraph
this am but the next ramp was open to get back on again...
It was only afew minutes, but for a sat am there was alot of
traffic, sunday may be better- less early traffic.
It was good to see Arda & Joni & gang at the WAE test today! :cry:
Joni took lots of pic's she said.. They tested 20 dogs & about 10
passed which is good... only rained alittle, was muggy tho.
Hope weather is better sunday for us....
See you there..
Daisy

#58 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

Will this affect me coming in from the north?

#59 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

What exit is Island Lake off of 96???

-Arda Barber

#60 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

Cheryl - I-96 west to Exit #151 to park

See you tomorrow!
Stef

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users