Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

Not if you are the white one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And this is even FUNNIER!!!

Jane :)

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#42 Indian Neighbor

Indian Neighbor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:16 PM

Hey  Indian neighbor !!! :LOL: How about us bathing and doing nails Sunday , we could do it out on the deck. We might want to make that white one ( Arda) our first subject. :)  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Kari, not a bad Idea,... except that if we start with such a big challenge we may get tuckered out before we get to any others!!! But I'm game if you are.. just make sure we've got a muzzle for her, cuz I remember hearing she was a biter!!!

#43 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

You guys are too funny.

Posted Image

I thought Arda would like this smiley

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#44 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

Ok everyone...
Here I go, attempting to be a co-administrator, with Joni.
WHO would like to volunteer for what jobs on the fourth. I'm leaving it up to you at this point to put your names down for what you want to do, before we dip the list into concrete... :)
I had put up a vague list before, but even if you volunteer yourself for WHAT you'd like to do, (bath dogs/scoop poop/help cleaning kennels, house, whatever) we can start delegating more to the likes of all volunteers coming out, and then print the list off and bring it on that day, after making sure by agreement that the volunteers and chores go side by side, and correctly.
Please refer to my post on Page 2 of this thread for the general areas for clean up, if you think I've left any out, PLEASE advise, and volunteer if that's where you'd like to be.
As soon as you post, I'll be writing down the names and area that you've volunteered for, and keep up a schedule every day or 2 to let others know who's covering what grounds.

Jenny May: Cleaning INSIDE house: Whatever jobs may apply, Kitchen/bathroom/floors/walls/bath/toilet, etc. I will devote my day to the inside house, and be delegator of that area if need be.

Anyone else want to volunteer as delegator for a certain area, please step forward!! I think it would be good for a veteran volunteer for each area, but hey, as long as everything gets done. The reason I volunteered for delegator of in house, is because I used to clean house for a side job....NOT to insult anyone!! :LOL:

You are all such a WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE!!! I truly feel honoured to be associated with the likes of ALL of you, and hope to meet more of you face to face, versus through all the font types!!! :P

~JennyMay~

#45 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

SWAMP MAMA, I NEED YOUR ATTENTION:
Hey there, Arda!! Crazy Canuck here...
Just wanted to get some info from you...like the following.
Do you have in the house, (and don't take insult, just want to know what supplies have to be brought)
1. ANY carpeted areas in the house that need a steamcleaner? IF so, let me know, so I can see as to WHO has one to bring out on the 4th.
2. DID you get your new washer yet, so laundry can be done?
3. What type of indoor cleaning supplies do you have for our duties/chores? (eg. bathroom cleaning agents/floors/windows, etc.)
4. I can bring baskets/small tubs to organize and put things in, if need be, example meds for indoor dogs instead of being on counters/tables, etc.
5. Please inform of any top priority jobs that you would like done.

Thanks, Swamp Mama!!!! I appreciate the info!!!! :)

#46 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

You guys are too funny.
Posted Image
I thought Arda would like this smiley

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ella, that is hilarious. mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#47 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

WHO would like to volunteer for what jobs on the fourth. I'm leaving it up to you at this point to put your names down for what you want to do, before we dip the list into concrete...

I'll be more specific later on tonight, Jen, but right now I'm thinking that I want to mix my duties between inside and outside so that these old bones don't do too much of one thing! I need to use different muscle groups even though I lost all my muscle about ten years ago. *snort* :P I will bring my own cleaning stuff because I don't know how to use anything else. Sad, I know. :)

I'll check with Larry to see what he prefers. If there is a list of things around the house that need fixing, we should probably have that in advance so that we have the tools available to fix them on the 4th. We have a Hoover Steamvac if it's needed, and Larry can bring tools if he knows what will be needed.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#48 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

Jane
Fantastic ideas about the fix-it jobs that need to be done and tools we'll need to fix it!
You're thinking along the same lines as me, that we can specify closer to the day who's gonna be doing what. When the groups and lists get done, we can have a checklist system that everyone just checks things off AS they are doing them, and also when the job is done.
I don't know if I can bring cleaning supplies across the border, so I may have to request a list from someone to bring for me if that's not too much trouble. ( What a pain I am, eh?? Damned Canuck...:P )
The steamvac MAY be needed, but again, depends on if Arda even has any carpet in her house, but I don't remember seeing any.
I can, however, bring mops and things over, but a vacuum will be a must, for the whole house.
Ok, I'm going to go relax for a bit, folks!!! :LOL:
My daughter was NOT the most well behaved today, and have run my husband and I ragged, and I am most deserved of a glass of wine at the moment!!! :)
Ciao, bellas & bellos!
~JennyMay~

#49 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

Since I'm a farm girl, I'll do the kennel - dishes, mopping runs, scooping poop, etc. I'll get there early, because I have the "herd" at home, so I'll have to leave by about 2:30, as it takes me
2 1/2 hours one way. Or, if Joni, the delegator has another task for me, let me know. How does that sound? I can bathe dogs, etc., too. I work pretty fast for an old broad. :)

Let me know if that sounds feasible.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#50 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

Linda, I have a bottle of stuff for you. Dr Karen wants you to try this. It's intranasal. If it works it will save some cost and she says it's the only way to go. If it doesn't we can get the other. See you real soon.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#51 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:12 PM

Anyone in the group know anything about electrical? We have to replace the 36" vent fan. They only last about two years. It's been two years. I will get the new one but I will definately need help.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#52 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

Anyone in the group know anything about electrical?  We have to replace the 36" vent fan.  They only last about two years.  It's been two years.  I will get the new one but I will definately need help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Larry installs lighting fixtures, fans, wall switches, etc. Does that sound like it will work?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#53 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

Larry installs lighting fixtures, fans, wall switches, etc.  Does that sound like it will work?

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wait a minute ... don't we have an electrician in this group? or am I in the final stages of dementia .... don't answer that .... :)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#54 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Well let see......what do I want to do to help out? Anything that involves the dogs! Bathing, poop scooping, cleaning out the kennels and taking them out for some exercise.

Jennymay & Joni - What do you gals think about designating team leaders to each major group. For example, the Crazy Canuck would be the team leader for cleaning the inside of the house, maybe Cathy could be the team leader for the kennel, and Joni, since you hold the record for most dogs bathed in one hour, maybe you can be the team leader for grooming of dogs. And maybe Arda can be the "fix it" team leader. Each team leader would then be responsible for putting together a checklist of everything that needs to be done. Just a thought.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#55 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:39 PM

Okay, I've been mulling it over and without a list to pick from I'm having a difficult time deciding what I want to volunteer for. Larry is noncommital at this point because I think he is waiting to see the list of what needs doing before deciding. He's very good at everything, and willing to do just about anything. If I hallucinated about having an electrician in this group then I'm sure Larry could get that fan in.

I like Cheryl's idea of the team leaders making the lists of things needing to be done.

I could scoop poop and pick up toys so that the lawn could be cut. I could even cut the lawn if someone gives me a quick lesson on the lawn tractor. I cut ours but don't have a Deere so it will be different for me. I can scrub the bathroom, go to the laundromat, do windows with my squeegie, do carpets with the Steamvac if there are any, etc. I'm really open to anything as long as I can have a little variety to vary the muscles.

Arda, do you prefer any particular cleaning products or is it okay if I bring my own brands?

Larry can bring wire strippers and cutters and those screw on electrical connector thingamabobs (that's the technical term for you novices out there). General tools too.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#56 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:49 AM

Someone should bring a vacuum cleaner because Arda's needs to be humanely euthanized :)

Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#57 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Someone should bring a vacuum cleaner because Arda's needs to be humanely euthanized :)

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm laughing at myself because I read this wrong. I need to start drinking coffee again.

duh.

Jane

Edited by dobeluvr, 24 May 2005 - 08:08 AM.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#58 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:34 AM

Cheryl..
That's what I meant by an area "delegator", so that's PERFECT!! I had also put up a list of "areas" and tried to cover most ground at Arda's, but may have missed certain areas. I'll go back and copy/paste that post here, but I believe it was on page 2 of this thread.

I will volunteer for team-leader inside house.

The question is....FOR NOW: Volunteer for the AREA that you'd like to be working in for the majority of teh day. Jane, I know you said you'd like to bounce around, and that's fine, I'm SURE we'll need a couple floaters for the day going where the extra hands are needed for certain things, so that's great. You can be inside AND outside.

OK...
HERE'S a TEMPLATE checklist for INSIDE THE HOUSE..

HOUSE CLEANING WORKSHEET

LIVING ROOM
Clean door/door knob
Clean furniture with upholstery cleaner
Clean light fixtures
Clean walls
Clean wooden furniture with furniture polish
Dust
Empty waste basket
Mop floor
Remove cobwebs
Straighten up/put things away
Sweep or vacuum
Wash windows
Wash windowsills
Wipe light-switch plates
Dining Room
Clean door/door knob
Clean furniture with upholstery cleaner
Clean light fixtures
Clean walls
Clean wooden furniture with furniture polish
Dust
Empty waste basket
Mop floor
Remove cobwebs
Sweep or vacuum
Wash windows
Wash windowsills
Wipe light-switch plates

KITCHEN
Clean cabinet doors
Clean chairs
Clean door/door knob
Clean freezer
Clean inside cabinets
Clean oven
Clean refrigerator
Clean sink
Clean small appliances i.e. microwave etc.
Clean stove top
Clean table
Clean walls
Clean windows
Clean windowsills
Dust
Empty waste basket
Mop floor
Put away dishes
Remove cobwebs
Sweep
Wash countertops
Wash dishes
Wipe light-switch plates

BEDROOMS
Change sheets
Clean door/door knob
Clean mirrors
Clean under bed
Clean walls
Clean windows
Clean windowsills
Dust
Empty wastebasket
Hang up clothing
Make beds
Mop floor
Straighten up/put away things
Sweep or vacuum
Turn mattress
Wipe light-switch plates

BATHROOMS
Clean door/door knob
Clean mirror
Clean sink
Clean tiles
Clean toilet
Clean tub
Empty wastebaskets
Hang up clean towels
Mop floor
Restock bathroom supplies
Straighten up
Sweep
Wipe light-switch plates
Clothing Maintenance
Iron

OK...JUST a working template for NOW, everyone. We can finesse the lists alittle more acommodating to Arda's, obviously....but this would cover most grounds, and most of it is common sense.

Ok, do we have volunteer TEAM LEADERS for the other areas of concentration for the 4th? There is a list on PAGE 2 of this thread that I think would cover most ground, but again, please put in suggestions!!
:P
Thanks, guys!! You're the best! :)
~JennyMay~

#59 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:42 AM

I don't have any problem with cleaning pens out or bathing the dogs, anything outside is fine with me. I can be there early in the morning too.

Sarah

#60 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

wait a minute ... don't we have an electrician in this group?  or am I in the final stages of dementia .... don't answer that .... :)

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jane,
I have been wiring business's and homes for over 14 years on the side with my electrician buddies. We have a nice little business together. Although by trade I'm really more of an electrical engineer its really all the same but most of the guys I bring to help me are members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW local 58). :P
I won't be able to come out on the 4th though as I have a very important work/union meeting-vote, we just negotiated our first contract and have to try to get it voted in now.
If anyone ever has electrical questions or work please IM me, if I'm not sure on the code then I will look it up in the code book and get back to you.

Larry

Edited by mihalik1413, 24 May 2005 - 09:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users